Chapter 7

Savannah's POV

I can not believe that Trinity ditched me all by myself at the mall yesterday. She made me go looking for her everywhere! It was even worse when I came back home. Mom threw this big fit that I had apparently "lost" Trinity. She and I ended up driving all the way back to the Trafford Centre and wasting our whole day searching for her. The funny part was that when we returned for dinner, there she was, sitting so peacefully at the dining table. I wanted to scream at her, but dad took control of me and moved me into the front room. During dinner, she was quiet. She didn't even say a word and looked like nothing was wrong.

Pathetic.

This morning, oh this morning though, was going to be a different story. Mom and dad went out, so it was only the two of us in the house.

"Trinity, open the god damn door!" I pounded on her bedroom door.
"What do you need?"
"I want to know where the hell you went yesterday! Do you even know what you did?!"
She was silent, I continued, "Of course, you know shit, Trinity..." I let out a small laugh while shaking my head, "I'm never going to be able to go out ever again. Happy?!"

The door creaked open and through the slit, I saw her face. She had no makeup on with her big, ugly, nerdy reading glasses. Come on, seriously? Just put in a pair of frickin contacts already.

"Why are you so angry?" She manipulated her voice to sound sweet and innocent.
"Were you not just listening to a word I said?!"
"No need to get worked up about-"
"Obviously you don't get it. Because you have no friends to even go out with. You're so stupid, Trinity, don't even- don't even say a word to me."

I pulled the door shut and walked down the stairs.

Trinity's POV

Savannah hasn't always been this moody, rude person. I remember one memory of us at the park. We were probably about eight and six years old. I didn't know how to swing, so went went behind me and pushed. I can still feel the wind blowing through my hair. Her smile was the biggest I've ever seen it be. The two of us were laughing and playing for hours. When it was getting dark, we ran away and hid from our parents, trying to avoid getting taken home. It's weird how times have changed...

Then, somewhere along the lines, that sweet Savannah disappeared... She grew up good, but during those teenage years, she changed. For the worse.

She started going out with boys or her girlfriends. Her grades dropped, she got this attitude of hers and this hostile side became visible. She developed a slight drinking problem... I don't know what happened.

This is not the sister relationship I've wanted. Our bond has been cut off. She basically shuts everyone out of her life. Myself, mom, dad, family. She just became so angry at the world.

I don't know why she hates me.

Adnan's POV

"I honestly feel so... So... Just so idiotic!"

I sat on the couch in my small place that I shared with my brother, Fellaini. We were arguing about Trinity. He was trying to feed me lies that the situation wasn't that bad and that nothing was wrong.

"Dude, it's not your fault."
"It is!" I ran my fingers through my hair.
"Calm-"
"I screwed it up! I screwed everything up, man! Fuck..." I cursed.
I felt Felli's hands on my shoulders, "It'll work itself out."
"No, it won't actually! I really liked her, I did. And then being me, I made her hate me."
"She doesn't hate you..."
"She sprinted out of the theatre and then made me take her home... She called me a creep."
"Adnan..."
"What?! If you have a possible solution then I'd like to hear it," he was silent, "That's what I thought."

I brushed his hands off me and stormed off to the closet. I grabbed my black coat and opened the door.

"Where're you going?"
"Out."
"Hey, come on, we got a game!"
"You and I both know I'll only be warming the bench," I slammed the door.

I walked down the streets of Manchester. Gust of wind blowing against me, avoiding people, the sun in my eyes. I pulled my hat down to shield my face and eyes. I took a turn down a narrow alleyway. I exited in another street that was less busy. I sat myself down on a bench and brought my head in between my knees.

I really messed this one up, didn't I?

"Excuse me, are you alright?"
I wasn't really in the mood for talking, I was annoyed and agitated, but I guess I had to now. I sat up, "Yeah, I'm fine."
"Wait, aren't you... Adnan Januzaj?!"

It was a young girl standing in front of me. She had tanned skin, straight brown hair, and the wildest green eyes. She was short, probably only a bit over five feet. She wore a white sweater with black leggings.

"Can- can I have a picture?!" She stuttered.
"Sure, whatever you like."

She took her phone out of her pocket and positioned it so that the two of us were in the shot. She smiled and it really was a beautiful smile. Straight, pearly white teeth. I couldn't smile, I was just... Upset.

"Thank you so much!"
"No problem," I mumbled.
She paused for a bit and awkwardly stood, "Um, it's none of my business to ask, but are you ok?"
"I said I was good."
She clicked the home button on her phone and the lock screen lit up, "You know, it's almost time for your game. What're you doing here?!"
"Nothing, it's ok, I'll be there."
"Good, I'll be watching."
"Cool."
"Well, I don't want to hold you up any longer, so you better get a move on. Good luck!"

She hurried down the street. Even though her back was towards me, I knew she was smiling. Probably laughing and screaming in her head.

I don't understand how some girls could be like that and then others... The complete opposite! It frustrated me. Trinity was nothing like that, but why? Whatever... She'll never like me.