Epilogue

Trinity's POV

So, it's been two weeks. Adnan and I have talked with his parents and they've gladly approved of our relationship. I'm happy they did because at first, I was a bit scared that it'd end up being another repeat of the last time I saw them. Nope. They were both calm and invited me into the family. It was nice to know that I was accepted by them.

Now it was his turn to meet my parents.

"I'm nervous."
"Why? You know, I should be the one who's nervous," Adnan said while holding my hand.
"What if they don't like you?"
"Me? Everybody likes me."
"Shut up and wipe that stupid grin off your face."
"Woah, no need to be mean."
"Adnan, be serious, I'm scared."
"Don't be."
"Ok, you stay out here for a second and let me go in first."
"Alright."

I let myself into the house.

"Mom, dad!"

I heard the sound of them trying to rush down the stairs. Wow, they were excited.

"Is he here?!"
"Mom, calm down, yes."
"Aw! My daughter's bringing her boyfriend!"
"Don't embarrass me, please," I pleaded.
"That's what we're here to do, though," my dad said. I rolled my eyes.
"Adnan, come in."

I opened the door and he stepped in. His hand wrapped around my waist.

"Hi, Adnan, nice to meet you, we're Trinity's parents."
"Adnan Januzaj, it's a pleasure to finally meet you."
"So, Adnan, what do you do?"
He laughed a bit, "I play football."
My moms jaw dropped, "You do?!"
"Mom..."
"Wait a minute," my dad said, "isn't he that guy Savannah's always obsessing about?"

Face palm. Mom and dad, please stop. Kill me now.

"Yes I am that guy. Is Savannah here?"

My parents were lost for words. I don't think they expected me of all people to be dating a professional football player. What probably shocked them even more is that he was in our house and that they had just met them. Or they were probably frightened for Savannah's reaction. To be honest, I was too.

"Yeah, she is," I answered for my mom and dad.
"Savannah!"
She came walking towards us, looking down at her phone, "Why does it sound like Adnan's voice..."
"Because I am Adnan."

Her head shot up and she nearly dropped her phone. I tried to hold in my laugh.

"A- Adnan-"
"Adnan..."
"Ad- nan."
"Januzaj."
"Jan- u- zaj."
"Adnan Januzaj," he helped her say.
"In... In my house?!"

He let go of my waist and walked up to her. She was shaking uncontrollably. Even my parents were a bit shocked and didn't know what to say. They obviously knew that he had a girlfriend, but they never guessed it would've been me. After our kids on the field, word got out. I wasn't identified yet, but it was only a matter of time. My family said we had some resemblance, but they didn't assume that it was actually me.

Adnan took her hand.

"It's nice to meet you, Savannah."

She gave a weak smile then almost collapsed. If it wasn't for Adnan, she would've hit the floor. He held her up and carried her to the couch. Then, turned back to look at me. He gave me a tight hug and after kissed my forehead.

"It's a lot to take in," he said, "Don't worry, I'll take care of your daughter. Let's go, Trinity."
Our hands intertwined, "Ok, Adnan."

We left my shocked family and closed the door. We were ready. I was ready. It was time to start a new chapter in my life and tell the world who I was.

Adnan Januzaj's girlfriend.

To think how it all started too... Who would've guessed that my feelings for him would become the total opposite?