Chapter 24

Trinity's POV

Game day. West Brom vs Manchester United.

"Mom, I'm getting ready do go!" Savannah called out to my mom.
"Hold up, is Lesley meeting you there?"
"Uh..."
"Savannah."
"Not exactly..."
She crossed her arms, "What do you mean."
"She's not exactly coming..."
"Trinity, go with her," my dad stepped in.
"Um, ok."

I didn't really bother to argue with them. Wasn't in the mood. Savannah, on the other hand, did everything in her power to try and stop me from going with her. I tuned out the arguing, as usual, and focused on my own problems. Whether she liked it or not, I was going to the game. Not because I wanted to or because my parents forced me to; I needed to be at that game.

I hadn't spoken or seen Adnan in quite some time and I was beginning to realize how much I missed him. I know how important he is to me. This might be my only chance to get him back before he moves on for good. He could get any other girl in this world, so I had to act fast. I wouldn't know what to do if he found someone else...

"But, dad, that's not fair!"
"Enough, go now or you'll be late!"
"Ugh!"
My mom brought my sister in for a hug, "Have fun."
Savannah shook her off as I hugged my mom next, "Bye, mom. See you after the game."
"Have fun!" My parents called before shutting the front door.

My sister started the car and backed out of the driveway. She wasn't in a very good mood. The music was blaring as we sped down the streets. Usually, she'd sing along or tap her fingers to the beat on the steering wheel. Not this time. She must be really upset with me... No surprise because this is how she treats me everyday. She hates me.

We arrived at Old Trafford just in time. The two of us scrambled to our seats and got ready for the game to start. Soon enough, the whistle blew at kickoff and the game began. I watched the team to see how they were doing. Hmm... I've seen better. I know the guys and they can do much better than this. I just hope they can pull it together and win this match.

Beside me, Savannah was babbling about how cute the boys were.

"But, he's not as cute as Adnan... Trinity!" She snapped.
"Huh- what?!"
"Are you even listening?!" She clapped her hands in front of my face which made me flinch.
"Sorry..."

I wasn't paying attention to her, I was watching the game. Isn't this what she came here for?

"God, Adnan is so cute..."
"Isn't he the cutest..."

That just slipped out of my mouth! Oh my gosh. What am I supposed to do now?! I'm just hoping she didn't notice because if she did, I'm screwed.

"Huh?" Shit.
"Noth-"
"Are you fucking kidding me?!"

The stadium erupted and, to be honest, I was quite confused. I couldn't really see through the jumping mob of fans wearing their teams colours, but I assumed somebody had just scored. I was right. The score was now West Brom 1, Manchester United 0. It was a little disappointing, but at least it distracted Savannah and saved me.

She continued to swear and curse under her breath going on about how we should be winning. Her and another girl were having a heated conversation and shared similar feelings. I left them to be mad and continued to watch and enjoy the game.

Later on, Manchester United was awarded a penalty kick. Robin Van Persie was said to take it. The fans cheered, but soon settled down and everything was silent. U heard a whistle and saw him charge towards the ball and strike it with a powerful force and a swift motion of his kicking foot. The ball rocketed to the net and West Brom fans cheered and screamed. It was a save.

The came finally came to an end leaving United fans disappointed. That was their third straight loss. I spotted Adnan coming off the bench and getting ready to disappear off the field. I raced towards him, but unfortunately, it was too late. He looked back for a split second, then continued walking and was gone. Not to my liking, I felt to strong hands grip my arms and pull me backwards. I squirmed and spun around.

"Let go!"
"You can not just go in there! This is security and we'll be escorting you out."
"But-"
"Hey, guys, it's ok. She's coming with me," it was a familiar voice.

I turned my head to see Fellaini about to head off in the direction Adnan went.

"Are you sure? We can take her away if she's bothering you."
"Bothering me? We're friends!"
"Oh, sorry for the confusion."

They let me go with him. We walked down the halls and I saw other players, but no Adnan. Where did he go?

"So, what brings you here?"
"I need to see Adnan, like now."
"Well, I can check if he's in here."

He disappeared behind a door, then reappeared seconds later.

"Any luck finding him?"
"Nope. The boys said he went home."
"Damn," I muttered.
"Why, did you want to speak to him?"
"Um... Just tell him to meet me back here- tonight."
"You can't go insi-"
"We don't need to be inside. I can talk to him outside, we just need a place to meet."
He took a while to think, "Ok, I'll tell him."

I walked off to go find my sister.

Sorry for this crappy chapter. I'll try and write a better one this weekend! I have an idea of what's going on to happen next, so I know exactly what I'm going to write.