Chapter 13

Trinity's POV

"That was just brilliant," my sister exclaimed for the trillionth time this morning.

She would not stop going on about how Manchester United beat Manchester City 4-2. I thought wrong because I figured after the day of the match she'd quit it, but oh no. My parents weren't really a big help either. They'd just let her do whatever she pleases as long as she's not getting into any trouble. At times, I feel like the invisible one, but then I sometimes feel like their favourite child... It's a weird feeling.

"Do you mind?"
"Mind what?!" She spat.
"Just shut up."
"Trinity," my dad's voice was strict.
"What did I do?! Savannah is the one who's being so annoying and talking about nonsense!"
"It's not nonsense!" She whined in a high pitched tone that pierced my ears.
Her screams affected my dad too, "Savannah, it wouldn't kill you to tone it down a bit,"
"That's it! Mom!"

I heard footsteps from the upper floor. With each second, the noise grew until it reached its peak as she entered the room. Her arms were folded across her chest and her wet hair was messily pinned up. Her expression told us everything.

"Why can I not take a shower and get ready in peace and quiet?! What is so urgent that you needed to call me, Savannah?!"
"Mom they're-"
"They're what?! Huh?! No one's hurt, no one is dying here, so I don't get what's the problem! You guys are not five anymore, you are not children. Sort out your own problems!"

She seemed furious. I sat there silently half enjoying this and half feeling sorry for my sister. I know I shouldn't be feeling bad because she did this to herself. We all knew that mom hated being interrupted by silly things.

"Trinity is making fun of me!"
"How?! I just told you to stop talking about that game!"
"Savannah, that is true. You've talked about it enough, let it go."
"I can't just-"
"Shh! Not another word!"

My mom stormed off and stomped up the stairs. The room was quiet with Savannah pouting in her seat, leaving my dad and I in an awkward position. I tried to force myself to sit there, but eventually I gave up and left.

I went up to my room, being careful to avoid my mom, and checked my phone that was laying face down on my dresser. I had a few notifications from Instagram and two texts from and unknown number... Hmm, what?

"Hi."
"Want to hang out today?"
I replied back, "Who is this?"

I waited for and answer back. About five minutes later my phone went off. Ding!

"By the way, this is Fellaini."

Fellaini? Since when did he have my number? Was this just some kind of trap to get me back with Adnan? I needed more information on this, but I couldn't make it too obvious.

"Do you want to meet me maybe at Arndale Centre?"
"Um..."
"Is that a no?"
"How about you come over here? You remember where my place is, right?"

Yeah, I do. It's not only your place, it's Adnan's too. Didn't forget that...

"Is that what you'd like?"
"It's easiest."
"Ok, sure."

I let it slide. At some point I'd have to face Adnan again. I couldn't just walk away from him and pretend that nothing happened. No, that's not how things go in the real world. Plus, it's not everyday where a professional athlete is interested in spending time with you.

I know I may have not been interested in Adnan before, but people can change. I've learned to at least like him... As nothing more than a friend of course! I've thought about it for a while now and I think I might have an idea. I just hope he isn't too hurt by my actions...

Here's the update! I'm finishing two assignments this week, so I will definitely have more time to write on the weekend. Sorry this chapter was a little short...

Also! I hit 3k on Instagram!! Just saying thanks and I'm super happy😊

adnanjanuzaj_ / januzaj_januzaj_januzaj (on Instagram)