Chapter 8

Trinity's POV

"Ok, ok! Yes, I'll be there... I know right, kind of bummed though... Yeah. Bye."

My sister had just finished getting off the phone with someone. I was all dolled up because we were meeting up with family for Easter. My mom told me to dress in a mint coloured dress with a matching colour bow at the back of my head. It pinned my wavy hair back. My feet were tucked into a pair of nude coloured flats.

"Savannah, change into the dress we bought."
"No thanks."
"Savannah," my dad said with a harsh tone. My mom placed a firm hand on his chest.
"I'm going over to Lesley's house, so..." Her words trailed off.
"Come on, sweetie, you have to come."
"It's just some stupid Easter lunch, big deal."
My mom went for another attempt to convince her, "You always have after, we'll be back around two o'clock."
"Well, Lesley told me to come at one."
"Tell her later," she was becoming impatient.
"I rather not."

My mom ordered my dad and I to the car. I took my place in the back seat while my dad started the car. The engine growled and the car shook a little. I clicked my seatbelt in place and crossed my legs. A few moments later, my mom came out, alone.

She shut the door with force, "I can't believe her!"
My mom fastened her seatbelt and listened to my dad talk, "It's Savannah what do you expect?!"

My parents expectations for her have really dropped. They just really look to me, now. I'm like their "good"child who'll accomplish lots in life and be a successful adult.

"Do you know why she resisted coming?"
"Something about her team winning their game yesterday. She and Lesley want to discuss it or something like that."
"It's just a football team, she can talk about it anytime."
"That's what I said..."

Adnan's POV

After a heated discussion with Marouane yesterday, I've come to the conclusion of not giving up on Trinity. Somehow he convinced me that that was the right decision to be made.

Anyway, I was really happy for Ander since he scored two goals against Aston Villa. Great performance by the team, but once again, I sat on the bench. That's all I ever do. I'm getting really agitated at how my coaches fail to realize all the work I've been putting in. Numerous times a week you can find me at the gym, working out, trying to boost my fitness level. That doesn't come easy, but I put in the work.

Not to mention, everybody says I have so much potential, but they don't let me develop it! Sometimes I wonder if this career will even take me anywhere. You look at Rooney or van Persie, they've had successful careers. Someday, I'd like to reach that level, but it's looking hard right now.

"Adnan, what's up?"
"Nothing," I muttered, laying on the couch.
"Why're you upset?"
"Who said I was..."
"You're like my brother, I can tell how you're feeling."
"I don't know..."
"Don't know what?"
"I don't know why Trinity is so... So..."
"So what?"
"I can't find the words for it."
"Then just explain everything."
"It's like... Every time I try and do something nice for her, she runs away, sometimes literally."
Marouane laughed, "You got a lot of work then."
"A ton."
"Do something unforgettable."
"I thought the Valentine's Day dinner would do the trick," I said, thinking back to that evening.
"Add on to that."

From the looks of things, getting Trinity to actually stand me was looking tough, let alone like me. This was an impossible task.

"How would I do that?"
"Think of something, it'll come to you eventually."
I chuckled to myself, "Yeah and when is eventually..."
"Wait and see, wait and see..."

Sorry, a bit of a filler chapter for what's to come next!