~The New Student Is Komi's Friend?~

Y/n looked at Komi with a tilt of his head. He had never been called kind by anyone in a long while.

"Thanks, I guess..." Y/n said, looking away slightly.

Komi smiled gently at him but he didn't see it, for her smile was far too small to be noticeable.

~

Y/n slicked his hair back as he watched himself in the mirror.

He played with the lighter he had in his pocket, not bothering to go and watch his opponent audition for the spot of Lead Vocalist, he was highly confident that he'd win.

He walked out of the bathroom and into the auditorium, where the auditions were being held. Thankfully, only he and Yushiro were the ones battling for Lead Vocalist.

Once Yushiro finished up his songs, it was Y/n's turn. He walked up to the stage and looked at the crowd, his mother and sisters were in the front, that's all he actually cared about honestly.

He ignored that more than half of the auditorium was filled with the entirety of the school, they had posters with his name on them, saying they loved him.

He nonchalantly grabbed the microphone and the song started.

(GUYS! GUYS I KNOW THE SONGS WERE ASS OKAY YOU CAN CHOOSE WHATEVER TWO SONGS YOU WANT TO SING-)

Y/n watched as the crowd was in awe, they were entranced by his voice, his mother beamed at him, she always loved it when he sang. His rapping was even greater too.

Y/n finished singing, and the song changed after he drank some water, he was certainly fired up now...

The next song started, and Y/n inhaled and exhaled.

(ONCE AGAIN CHOOSE ANOTHER SONG- I MADE AN APOLOGY VIDEO PLS- SPARE ME- 😭😭)

Once Y/n finished, the crowd went wild, and instantly, the club coordinator knew who won and wrote his name as the Lead Vocalist.

"Alright, let's go ahead and announce the results! The concert band's Lead Vocalist is...Y/n L/n!" The principal said.

"WOOOO!"

"We love you Y/n!"

"Your voice is amazing!!"

"Please hold my hand!!"

Y/n spun his microphone in his hand as he walked across the stage. The principal congratulated him on his performance and complimented his voice, he replied with a nod as he walked down the steps.

"He has quite the attitude don't you think?" Najimi asked.

"Yeah..." Tadano answered.

"Quite the voice too." Najimi mumbled.

Komi was still awestruck. She had never been to a live concert or anything of the sort but if it was anything like Y/n's performance...she'd go to a thousand of them...

His voice was unlike anything she'd ever heard...and she felt her heart race from excitement, it took Najimi to flick her forehead for her to snap out of her trance.

"Komi-Chan! Are you okay?" Najimi asked.

Komi nodded once at Najimi, and then looked back at the stage, she could still hear Y/n's amazing voice singing sweet tunes in her head.

Tadano had to drag Komi out of the auditorium for her to snap out of her trance.

"Don't worry Komi! We'll get Y/n to be your friend!" Tadano said.

Najimi tilted their head.

"We?" Najimi asked.

"Yes, we. Since you already have a relationship with Y/n, get him to talk with us more! So that way he could get to know Komi more, and eventually want to be her friend..." Tadano said.

"Fine. It's gonna take a lot of begging and pleading but...Y/n actually values friendship, especially strong ones, so I'm sure I can get through to him." Najimi said.

"If he values friendship why doesn't he "do friends"?" Tadano asked.

"He has trust issues. That's about all I can say for now." Najimi answered.

"Anyways, see ya tomorrow! I'll see what I can do for you Komi!" Najimi said, waving at the two.

Tadano walked Komi home and went home as well.

Komi sighed as she fell to her bed. She received a message from her phone, causing her to flinch and grab her phone. She read the text, seeing it was from Najimi, and there was an attached video.

"You seemed pretty enamored with Y/n's performance so I got the recording from one of my friends so you could watch it~! Thank me later~!"

Komi's face heated up, she had pressed the button, clicked on the video, and watched it, hearing Y/n's voice hitting notes that made her heart soar. She fell asleep, forgetting that the video was playing on repeat.

The next day, Komi and Tadano were first in class, and then Najimi.

"Okay guys, I managed to get Y/n's number and talk to him! He said he'll think about being your friend Komi!" Najimi said.

"Wow, that's great news!" Tadano said with a smile.

Komi nodded, her excitement showed in her nod, and she was mentally screaming.

"Wow Najimi, you really are amazing..." Tadano said.

"Don't mention it! Y/n was a tough nut to crack though, he was very reluctant at first but when I told him that Komi was lonely and wanted to make friends, I suppose you could say he felt sympathetic and he caved!" Najimi said.

"Komi." A voice called from beside her.

Komi looked to her right and saw Y/n, standing over her.

"Listen, I'll be your friend, I heard good things about you, so don't disappoint me." Y/n said as he sat down.

Komi nodded and wrote in her notebook.

"Thank you L/n-Kun..." Komi replied.

"Since you're my friend now, drop my last name, call me Y/n from now on...Shoko." Y/n said.

The way he said her first name made her blush, she could feel the heat rising to her face as she looked at him in his eyes. He still held a frown on his face, but his eyes were softer than ever...at least that's what she saw.

Despite how angry he looked, Komi knew one thing for certain...

She had gained a new friend, and unbeknownst to her, she gained a damn good friend.

Tadano and Najimi watched the two during class, Y/n was a lot more interactive with Komi, and it seemed like he had figured out about her communication issue, and he adjusted quickly...

Y/n was changing right before their eyes...