~Bonding~

~3 weeks later~

"I hate bugs, that's why I always insult people by calling them bugs and bug related names. I look at them like the insects that I hate." I explained.

"Ohh, that makes sense as to why you called me a stag beetle. Awful insult really." Daichi said.

"Bet you can't come up with anything better." I challenged.

"Yeah, you're right." Daichi shook his head.

He chuckled lightly as I let out a gentle laugh.

We were driving around in his car, he had a few errands to run and he wanted me to tag along. I didn't have much to do so I decided to, had to see what my mom was getting into for myself.

"So, where do you work?" I asked.

"I work at the Hitetsu Firm. I'm the DA." Daichi smiled.

"You? A DA? Please." I chuckled.

"No, I'm serious. I may have a rotten attitude, but lawyers would kill for it, you have to have a vicious streak in order to defend your clients and debate, it's a war in that court." Daichi said.

"How the hell did my mom land herself a district attorney...?" I asked, facepalming.

"Well, it's pretty funny, we shop at the same grocery store and she was upset because I took the last of the Ponzu sauce. I can actually see where you get your brutality from, she was irate. She noticed I already had plenty of sauce and well, of course I was being a dick and decided she didn't need the Ponzu sauce. In the end, I gave it to her because I was afraid that if I didn't, she'd kill me." Daichi explained.

"Wow. And she didn't tell me..." I frowned.

"Shortly after that she made me help her with her bags as an apology for causing her so much trouble, and I loved the fierceness in her voice, she was very sure about what she wanted and I admired that about her, so, me not being satisfied with the half assed apology, I wanted to apologize formally, and buy her dinner. She agreed with a skeptical look on her face, and we went out later that night and here we are now!" Daichi chuckled, fondly remembering his wild ass story.

I'll admit, it was no fairy tale meet up, nor was it a romantic one, but the results flourished into a gorgeous rose that keeps my mom happy daily.

I couldn't ask for more.

"You're lucky I wasn't there, I would've beat the Ponzu sauce out of your hands!" I laughed.

"I know." Daichi sighed.

Then, realization hit me.

"I PUNCHED A DISTRICT ATTORNEY?!" I exclaimed.

Daichi laughed.

"Yeah, you did!" He sighed.

"Had it been anyone else I'd be locked up..." I groaned.

"That's too coincidental! Why were you even in France?!" I asked.

"We had a runaway, last seen in Paris, so I was sent to go investigate." Daichi said simply, we pulled into the driveway of my house and he parked.

"Oh, that's weird, what case are you investigating?" I asked.

"Uh, some guy named Hitoshi Fujisaki. He ran a sex trafficking trade and we're trying to put an end to it. Turns out he's big in the sex trade industry, and unfortunately he has many, many different names and faces, different associates, too many different places of work. But we've narrowed him down to either here, Italy, or Seoul." Daichi explained.

My eyes widened gently.

"Really? Sounds like a pretty fucked up guy...pretty slippery too." I said, gathering the bags of groceries from the trunk.