Chapter 6

"Camden get up!" My mom yelled in my room. Suddenly I felt little feet jumping on my bed. I turned over and saw Skylynn jumping on my bed. "Sissy get up!" She yelled. "Hey little girl" I said. "Guess what!" She said. "What?" I asked. "Will is coming home today!" She screamed. "I know. I have to go pick him up later." I said. "Yeah but mommy is taking me to get ice cream and to shop and Nash is going out with Mallory" she said. "Well what about Hayes?" I asked. "Oh mommy said that he's sick" she said. "Oh, that stinks. I guess I'll have to stay home with Bubba." I said. "Come on Sky we're leaving" mom yelled from downstairs. "Don't have too much fun without me!" I said and hugged her. "I won't. Make sure Will is home before I get back sissy!" She said and ran downstairs. "Will do Sky!" I said and they left.

"Hey I'm heading out with Mal. Make sure you check up on Hayes you sleepy head." Nash said. "Will do bro!" I said. "What time are you going to get Will?" He asked. "Umm probably in about an hour. Mathew is going and I guess Hayes is now. I'll wake him up in a bit." I said. "Make sure he takes his medicine." Nash said. "Alright bye love you." "Bye love you Nash!" I said and he left.

"What to wear, what to wear," I thought as I stood in my walk in closet. I settled on a black shirt, blue Jean capris, white converse, a red flannel tied around my waist and I put my hair in a cute little top knot. By the time I was ready it was time to wake Hayes. "Hey Bud, get up so you can take your medicine and so we can go get Will." I said and went to meet Matt downstairs while Hayes woke up. "Hey Matthew" I said as I opened the door. "Hey beautiful" he said and kissed my cheek. "You look cute." "Thanks babe. Hayes are you up?" I yelled. No response. I walked up there and saw him still asleep. I walked over by his bed with Matt behind me and crouched down to wake him up. "Hey Hayes get up" I said. "No I don't feel good." He said. "I know you have a fever." I said as I felt his forehead. "Matt will you go get his medicine? It's downstairs on the counter" I said. "Yeah I'll be right back" he said. "I can't leave you home alone while your sick so come on. We have to go get Will." I said. "Here I'll pick your clothes out while you take your medicine okay?" I said. "That's fine." He said. "Here's his medicine babe" Matt said coming back upstairs. "Just hand it to him and he'll take it." I told him. I picked out his black United XXVI shirt, jeans, and his black vans. By know all he had left to do was change so Matt and I left and let him change.

"You think he'll be okay today?" I asked Matthew as we went downstairs. "Yeah he'll be fine babe" he said and Hayes came downstairs. "You okay?" I asked him. "Not really" he said. "I promise we won't be long okay?" I told him. "Okay let's go." He said and we all got into my car. When we got in I started the car and plugged my phone into the aux cord and sang along to 'Truth Is' by Alyssa Shouse while I drove. I looked over and saw Matt recording. "Matt, are you putting this on snapchat?" I asked him. "Maybe." He said and I just laughed and kept driving. "Hey I never knew you could sing" he said. "You've never heard her sing?" Hayes asked. "Never" Matt said. "She sings around the house all the time. She used to sing to me when I was little. I loved it so much. She can sing so good." Hayes said. "Yeah I used to sing to Hayes when he was little whenever he was sick or couldn't sleep or was upset." I said. "Really?" Matt asked. "Yeah. I loved it. I do it for Skylynn now" I said. "Maybe you could sing for us when you get back" Matt said. "Sure thing" I said and pulled up to airport to get Will.

When we all got in, we sat down and waited for Will for about an hour. "Will!" I yelled as I ran and jumped in his arms as he got off the plane. "Hey Camden. I missed my little sister" he said and sat me back down. "Hey Matthew" he said. "Hey Hayes. What's wrong?" Will asked. "I'm sick" he said. "I still want a hug" Will said and Hayes smiled and ran and gave him a hug. "Alright let's head home." I said.

We got in the car and Will offered to sit in the back with Hayes and Matt sat in the passenger seat beside me. Matt and I put our hands together and sat them on the console as I drove. "Woah wait," Will said. "What happened to Collin?" He asked. "Umm Collin, Collin's a brat." I said and laughed a little. "You got that right." Hayes said. "So you got a new boy?" Will asked. "Sure do" Matt said. "Treat her right" Will said as patted Matt's shoulder. "Trust me, he's perfect" I said and kissed his cheek.

When we got home, Hayes changed into comfortable clothes and he laid on the couch. "Tired?" I asked him. "Yeah and sick" he said. "I know that. Matt's bringing my guitar and I'm gonna sing for yall. Are you up for it?" I asked. "I'm always up for you to sing sis" he said. "Here's your guitar babe" Matt said. "Thanks. Now what do you want me to sing?" I asked. "How about 'I Got The Boy' by Jana Kramer" Hayes said. "Alright." I said and started playing.

I saw your picture in a paper, Honeymoon in Jamaica, she's a lucky girl
You look so grown up in your black tux, from a ball cap in a pick up, seems like another world
You and me and our big dreams, falling in love
We were two kids in the backseat, all fearless and young

I got the first kiss and she'll get the last
She's got the future, I got the past
I got the class ring, she got the diamond and wedding band
I got the boy, she got the man

Yeah there's an old you that I knew,
Fake IDs to get into those spring break bars
Back woods on a four wheel, hanging on tight, I can still feel my racing heart
And now you're cleaned up with a hair cut, nice tie and shoes
If things were different and I had a choice, which would I choose?

I got the first kiss and she'll get the last
She's got the future and I got the past
I got the class ring, she got the diamond and wedding band
I got the boy and she got the man

I got the first kiss and she'll get the last
We each got something, the other will never have
I got the long hair, hot head
She got the cool and steady hand
I got the boy and she got the man

When I got done, I sat my guitar down and saw Hayes asleep. "See I told you it always works" I told Matt. "You're a great big sister babe" he said. "I'd like to think so" I said laughing. "Oh Camden, same ole sassy Camden. I've missed you" Will said puting his arm around my shoulder. "And your singing has improved" he said. "Thanks," I said and then Nash and Sky and Mom and my stepdad walked in. "Hey guys look who's home" I said. "Will!!!" Sky yelled and ran to him. "Hey Will." Nash said. "Hey Nash" Will said hugging him. "So did we miss you playing Camden?" Mom asked. "Yeah I just finished to" I said. "Well would you look at who's asleep" mom said as she sat beside Hayes on the couch. "Yeah I missed you!" Sky yelled as she talked to Will. "Sky be quiet Bubba is asleep." I told her. "Oh sorry" she said and giggled.
"Yeah your singing put him to sleep" Nash said. "Shut up" I said.

"Matthew come cuddle" I said as I patted the spot beside me on the couch. He came over and snuggled up to me. "I'd like to say today was fun" I said and Matthew started tickling me. "What with you and tickling me?" I asked. "I just love to see that beautiful smile" he said. We stared into each other's eyes for a minute then we kissed. "Hey keep it G rated. Sky is in the room" Will said. "Sorry" I said laughing. "I love you" I told Matt. "I love you too" he said back. Why can't everyday be like this.