Chapter 19

"Mommy wake up!" Ava yelled as she jumped on our bed. "What is it Ava?" I asked. "It's Christmas" she said. "No it's not silly. Christmas is tomorrow" Shawn told Ava as he woke up. "Well good morning handsome!" I said and gave him a quick kiss. "Ewww! Mommy that's gross. Boys have cooties" Ava said covering her eyes. Shawn and I busted out laughing. "Keeping thinking that sweet girl." Shawn said and kissed her cheek. "Let's go get dressed baby girl" I said getting up. "Well where are we going?" She asked. "We're going to go to see Nana and Papa (Camden's mom and dad) and then we are going to go to Uncle Cameron's and Aunt Lauren's." I said. "Well is all my friends going to be there?" She asked. Ava Grace has made friends with all of the boy's kids. "Yes they will baby" I said as she led me to her room.

In case you were wondering, here's what you missed. In the first 4 years of Ava's life, quite a bit happened. Matthew and Jasmine got married and they had a sweet little girl named Mackenzie. They moved in together and got a dog named Riley. Aaron and Haley got married and have 2 year old named Grace. Cameron and Lauren got married and moved in together and they now have a 4 year old little girl named Avery and little dog named Daisy. Taylor and Ava got married and had two kids. They have a 4 year old named Addy and a baby about the same age as Nash's new baby Colten named Jacob. Johnson and Nicole got married and had a little boy named Samuel. Nash and Mallory got married and have a 4 year old named Logan and a new baby named Colten. And Gilinsky and Madison got married and have a 4 year old girl named Lane. And as for Hayes and Angelina, they're still very in love with each other and I'm sure they'll take a step forward in their relationship soon.

"Mommy I want to wear a dress" Ava said. "Good because I already picked your clothes out." I said handing her her dress. She got dressed in a red, green, and white chevron dress and little black flats. "Can you curl my hair?" She asked. "Yeah come on" I said and we walked to the bathroom. "We don't have da time to be sowwy so baby be da life of da party" Ava Garce mumbled as I curled her hair. "I'm telling you to, take your shot it might be scary. Hearts are gonna break. Cause we don't have the time to be sorry so baby be the life of the party" Shawn sang as he met us in the bathroom. I turned the curling iron off and The Life of the Party on on my phone. Shawn picked Ava Grace up and started slowing dancing in the bathroom with Ava in his arms. I took a picture of them and posted it.

"@CamdenMendes: what better way to start your day than with a slow dance with your daddy💖 #myfavorites"

"Come on baby, let's go downstairs so mommy can get ready" Shawn said to Ava and left the bathroom. I went back in my room and changed into a grey knit sweater with a red necklace, skinny jeans, and brown boots. I loosely curled my hair and put on some makeup. I put in my silver earrings and went downstairs. "Don't you look adorable" Shawn said. "Uh, daddy, I spilled my drink" Ava Grace said from the couch. "Did you get it on your dress baby?" I asked. "No, just on the floor" she said. "But I need daddy to clean it up" she said. "Why don't we let daddy go get ready and we'll clean it up" I said and she agreed. I went and got some paper towels and cleaned up her mess. Thank the Lord for hardwood floors!

"Ava Grace do you want some fruit?" I asked as I walked in the kitchen and opened the fridge. "Yes" she said sitting at the kitchen table. "What kind do you want?" I asked. "Umm I want a little watermelon and apples" she said. "Crazy kid" I mumbled to myself as I put some fruit in a little bowl for her. "Here," I said and turned Mickey Mouse on for her. "Sit on the couch and eat your fruit okay? We should be leaving soon" I said. "Wait Mommy, can I take my shoes off?" She asked. "No because we're fixing to leave" I said and turned her focus back to the tv and I went upstairs.

I walked into our room and saw Shawn fixing his hair. He was wearing a plain grey shirt, a maroon jacket and jeans. "Don't you look cute" I said and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Not as cute as you though" he said and kissed my nose. "You're a dork" I said and he laughed. "Are you ready to go?" He asked and I nodded. "Where's my princess at?" He asked. "She's downstairs watching Mickey Mouse and eating fruit" I said. "Hope she didn't make a mess" he said as we headed downstairs.