Chapter 8

Happy New Year :] <3

Clay was so involved in his conversation with Nick that he didn't even notice when George came out of the bathroom and to the living room.

He was seated facing away from the brunette, talking to Nick and laughing occasionally. George gave the smallest smile and returned to the bedroom, not wanting to eavesdrop on the conversation.

A while later Clay hung up and chuckled at how stupid his friend was. Years had passed but Nick had never matured. Or maybe he was just good at putting an act of maturity in front of others. Clay knew how he truly was.

He was really happy when Nick told him that he had a boyfriend now. Nick had met a brunette at work and the two had grown close to each other, their friendship eventually turning into a relationship.

Clay slowly made his way over to the bathroom to see if George was still in there or not. When he saw George wasn't there, he quickly used the bathroom before making his way to the bedroom and peeking in.

There sat George on the bed, wearing Clay's favourite lime green hoodie and some grey sweatpants. He was looking at the ring on his hand with a soft frown on his face.

"Hey George?" Clay said, catching George's attention. George looked up and Clay made his way over to the bed, sitting down on it. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just miss him so much." George whispered. He felt like crying but he wouldn't cry, he was strong. And besides he has cried way too much in front of the blonde already.

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel any better?" Clay asked a moment later.

"You've already been taking care of me more than any other person would. I don't want to be a burden on you more than I already have. Also, you don't have to buy clothes for me. I... I know this was wrong of me but I heard your and your friend's conversation..." George muttered, looking down guiltily.

"Wh-What did you hear?" Clay asked softly, not wanting to raise his voice even slightly as that might scare George.

"I entered the living room when you were asking them for a favour and then I realised I was eavesdropping so I left a minute later..." George said finally looking up at Clay with guilt in his eyes.

"George it's alright, don't look so sad. I'm sure you didn't mean to, right?" Clay asked, which George nodded to. "And I love it when I can be of any help to anyone, so please let me help you."

"I actually feel like I'm being a burden on you. All I do is cause trouble for you all the time. And yet, you're always so nice to me. How can one be this nice?" George asked as Clay turned pink from the compliment.

"I don't particularly consider myself nice. There are some way nicer people out there. And don't call yourself a burden George, 'cause you're not. Also, we're going clothes shopping tomorrow. If you're fine with that, of course." Clay said.

"Your clothes are way comfier though!" George said hiding himself in his sweater paws. Clay chuckled at this and pulled George's hands away from his face, keeping hold of them.

"If you're gonna steal my clothes then what will I wear, you dummy?" Clay asked chuckling. George's lips twitched upwards into a small smile as he tried hiding his face again, failing in doing so because his hands were restrained by Clay's.

After attempting to free his arms from the blonde's hold, he gave up with a soft groan and decided to just use Clay's chest to hide. He put his head on the taller's chest and hid himself. Clay was finding this whole situation very amusing.

"What are you even trying to do George?" Clay asked with a teasing smile. George didn't reply, he just dug his face into Clay's chest and let out a soft sigh. Clay let go of his hands and wrapped his arms around George.

The two hugged each other for a minute before George looked up at Clay, resting his chin on the blonde's chest. Clay gently ruffled George's soft brown hair as the two made eye contact.

"I'm sleepy." George whispered and hid into Clay's chest again. Clay chuckled, feeling ticklish as he shifted backwards towards the headboard of the bed, pulling George with him.

"Go to sleep then." Clay said, voice soft and laced with care. George nodded and closed his eyes, Clay not letting go of him and rubbing his back so he slept peacefully.

"G'night Clay..." George mumbled sleepily, Clay muttering the same before George fell asleep on top of him, mouth slightly open as long, even breaths escaped his mouth.

Clay was surprised at how quick the brunette was in falling asleep. He must've been really tired. Clay kept a firm hold on George as he began dozing off too.

Soon the two had fallen asleep, Clay half-sitting against the headboard of the bed and George on top of him. Although the position Clay was in was quite uncomfortable, he still felt tired and let himself fall asleep.

Meanwhile George felt really comfortable in Clay's warm embrace. The brunette sleeping peacefully as he dreamt of Kyle holding him like that, keeping him secure and warm.
____________________
901 words.

Shorter chapter today I'm sorry :( also you only get one chapter cuz me and Annie were playing 'who can spin more' in our free time and I won, but I'm dizzy now and my head hurts a lot ;-; (I won tho so yay)

Also I'm making a one shot book! Comment there if you have any requests!

Remember that you are valid and loved. Also remember to eat, sleep and stay hydrated. Have a great day/night.