Chapter 11

The next day George woke up late, having fallen asleep late as he wasn't really tired. Clay was already home when he walked out to the living room. He saw Clay watching the news and focused his attention towards the tv.

'-George Davidson was on a vacation with his husband, Kyle Miller, who was also found dead a few days ago. George's body hasn't been found yet but he has been presumed dead. For further news stay tuned-' The voice got cut off as Clay turned the tv off.

"Idiots..." Clay muttered, eyebrows furrowed together as he sighed deeply. He got up and turned around, jumping as he saw George standing right behind him. "You scared the hell outta me!"

"Good morning." George said giggling at Clay's reaction. "So I'm dead now huh?" He asked, nodding his head towards the tv. "Feels great to be dead."

"Good afternoon, and yeah, you're presumed dead apparently. How long have you been listening for?" Clay asked. George shrugged and went towards the bathroom. He brushed his teeth, deciding to take a shower sometime later in the day, and walked back out to the living room.

"Want lunch?" Clay's voice echoed from the kitchen and George walked over to that direction. "I made chicken but I can make something else if you don't wanna-"

"I love chicken, actually, but it depends. What kind of chicken?" George asked, peeking at what Clay had prepared. "NUGGIES! I love those! Me and Kyle always got them everywhere we ate."

"It's my first time making them so I don't think they turned out good but let's give them a try. Tell me when you eat them if you like them or not, and don't just go "tHeY'rE sO gOoD" even if they taste trash. You can be honest with me, it'll only help me improve y'know?" Clay said, making George chuckle and nod.

"But what if they're actually great? You're better than chefs y'know?" George replied, making Clay flustered. He smiled at Clay's flushed face and took his plate, making his way to the living room, Clay following him. 

Clay mentally facepalmed, wondering why he got flustered so easily. Then again no one really compliments him, so his cooking skills being praised by George meant a lot to him.

George sat down on the couch and started munching on the chicken nuggets, Clay sat next to him, watching him carefully to figure out if he liked them or not. George's peripheral vision showed Clay looking at him nervously.

"They're good! Great for your first attempt. You should eat too." George said, pointing at Clay's plate. Clay took a bite as well and was surprised that they actually tasted alright.

the two ate their chicken nuggets in silence. George was the first to finish his food and got up to put his plate away. Clay heard the sound of water running and went over to George who was washing his plate.

"Hey it's alright you don't have to wash it! I can do that." Clay said trying to take the plate away from George.

"You didn't wash an extra plate before I got here, did you? So you don't need to wash another plate now. I can be of some help atleast." George said, snatching his plate back and rinsing it, then putting it away and looking back up at Clay.

"We're pretty much roommates now, right? Or housemates or whatever it's called. Anyways, we share work." George said. Clay chuckled with raised eyebrows. "You already work hard outside, I can help with the house. It'll take me a bit to learn but I'm a quick learner."

"I can't just put all that work over you! George, all I do at work is sit in front of a screen and type. House work is much more time-consuming and physical than that." Clay said, reasoning with George about how it wasn't fair.

"You think I can't do it?" George sassed with a smile that said 'you've underestimated me and you'll regret that later', crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"N-No, I never said that! We should divide the work better atleast 'cause that's too much work." Clay reasoned.

"You've done it all alone until now right?" George asked, which shut Clay up, lacking answer to George's question. He opened his mouth to debate but then closed it back, pressing his lips into a thin line as he looked at George with a defeated look.

"Fine, but I'm still cooking." Clay sighed and George grinned. "Of course! I can't cook anyway so you'll technically have to do that." George said, happy that he would be able to help Clay even slightly.

"I'll try to help you- I know you don't need it but still, you're my guest and you shouldn't work in the first place." Clay said.

"Working is better than just sitting there and letting my thoughts consume me. Plus it will help me distract myself. My thoughts are trying to control me... and they aren't good thoughts. I need to get out of my head." George said, his smile turning into a frown.

"Hey, it'll be all right. I'm here for you." Clay said placing a warm hand on George's shoulder and slowly pulling George in for a gentle hug. A minute later, the two pulled away at the same time.

"It hurts Clay... I try not to show it anymore but it hurts so bad... to know he's gone, that he's not with me anymore. I'm trying to accept it and live with it but it's hard, and it hurts." George said, voice barely above a whisper as he squeezed his eyes tightly to not let tears fall.

"I understand you completely. It's okay to be emotional, George. You're allowed to express your emotions. Bottling them up will only result in something bad. Talk your emotions out when you feel the need to let them out, I'll always be here to listen." Clay said, rubbing George's back.

"... Thanks Clay." George whispered, hugging Clay's arm as silent tears fell from his eyes.
____________________
1017 words.

I'm finally back :D I missed you guys. The pain in my arm has lessened greatly so I can write again! :D

Remember that you are valid and loved. Also remember to eat, sleep and stay hydrated. Have a great day/night.