Chapter 10

Clay got home to see a sleeping George on the couch with Patches curled up on his side while the tv played a movie which Clay identified as one of Kyle's best works in the industry.

He quietly made his way to his bedroom, changing into more comfortable clothes and came back to the living room with a blanket which he draped over George as he turned the tv off.

He went over to the kitchen, Patches waking up and following him. He saw a bowl on the drying rack and smiled, hoping George ate without being told to. He had forgot to tell him to eat in his rush earlier in the morning, which reminds him...

"Oh shoot! Patches did I really forget to give you food? I'm so sorry kitty!" Clay said as he hurriedly kneeled down over to the cabinet that contained cans of cat food. He took a can out but noticed that the cabinet had one less can.

"Did George feed you?" Clay asked his cat who 'meow'ed loudly in response. Clay shushed her quickly. "Don't be loud, you might wake George up!" He whispered, smiling at George's kindness.

Clay then remembered he had to go clothes shopping today. He decided to not wake George up and quickly ate something before he left to go to the mall. On his way he thought of what clothes to buy for George.

From what he had seen on social media, George mostly wears oversized clothes. He wears neutral colours or lighter colours, mainly light blue. His wardrobe includes hoodies, jumpers, and Supreme t-shirts, but those are too expensive for Clay.

When he got to the mall, he started looking through clothes that were his own size, knowing they'd be big on George. Clay picked out four hoodies, two jumpers and a few t-shirts along with three pairs of sweatpants.

As he was leaving the store, something caught his eye. A picture frame. He had been thinking about getting George a picture of Kyle as the brunette didn't have any pictures with him as memories.

On the second thought, Clay didn't know if George wanted a picture of Kyle. He had never asked Clay for it. Then again, George never asked Clay for anything. When he feels embarrassed in asking for simple things like 'can I have a shower?', then how would he ask? So Clay bought it.

After paying for the stuff, Clay left the mall, got a picture printed of George and Kyle, and then walked back home. When he entered his house he saw George folding the blanket Clay had brought him. He put his bags on the coffee table and helped the brunette.

"You bought clothes for me, didn't you?" George asked, to which Clay nodded. "I told you not to, then why did you buy them?" He asked again.

"Because I told you I'd buy them, and I like to make you happy." Clay said. "Also, I'm sorry for the rush in the morning. I even forgot to feed Patches and make something for you..."

"It's alright, you idiot. Both me and Patches understand. I'm not a child even though I might act like one sometimes." George said, chuckling softly.

"Still, I'm sorry. Now lets unpack your clothes. Hope you like them." Clay said as he took the bags to the bedroom and placed it on the bed. George followed him and sat down, pulling out the clothes one by one.

"You really know my type. I love them! Thank you." George said as he looked through the clothes in the first bag. Clay smiled and asked him to have a look at bag #2, the bag with the picture frame hidden at the bottom.

George emptied the contents of the bag one by one until his eyes caught a glimpse of something silver hidden under the clothes. He carefully pulled out the object from the bottom of the bag and gasped as he saw a picture of Kyle and himself.

He looked up at Clay who looked down at him with a sympathetic smile and made his way towards the bed, sitting next to George. George stared at the picture as his eyes got teary, but he wouldn't cry. Clay put his hand on George's shoulder and frowned, thinking George didn't like his surprise.

"I'm sorry... I thought you'd like the picture... as a memory of Kyle." Clay said. George sniffled but didn't take his eyes off the picture. "George, it's okay to cry. It's okay to let your emotions out."

George finally let his tears fall, hugging the picture frame to his chest as he cried while Clay rubbed his back. George leaned on Clay as he sobbed. Clay's shirt was getting wet but he didn't care right now, he knew he messed up.

After a moment of crying, George wiped his tears and blinked the new ones away. He put the picture frame on the nightstand and hugged Clay who was confused but hugged back.

"Thank you Clay..." George said. "And I'm sorry for crying. I just got overwhelmed with emotions is all. It all just happened so suddenly, one moment Kyle was with me, well and healthy, the next day I found out... that..."

"Shh, I understand. I thought you didn't like it, and I thought I messed up." Clay said.

"No, I love it. I wanted something to remember him other than this ring but I felt bad asking you. You're already doing so much for me." George said.

"You can ask me for anything. You don't have to hesitate." Clay said with a smile.

"I uh... actually wanted something... C-Can you buy me a necklace? Like a chain? To wear my ring on?" George asked hesitantly.

"Sure, I'll buy that for you tomorrow. For now, wanna help me make lunch?" Clay asked.

"I can't really cook well but sure." George said and the two made their way to the kitchen, making lunch together while they joked around with each other.
____________________
1006 words.

Sorry for late update :(( it's difficult to manage wattpad and school cuz I haven't been to that place for two years now. I'll get used to it again eventually.

Remember that you are valid and loved. Also remember to eat, sleep and stay hydrated. Have a great day/night.