Chapter 9

TW: Mentions Death.

Clay woke up at 3 a.m. and groaned at the ache in his back from the awkward position he fell asleep in. He moved downwards to adjust his spine and felt a weight shift above him.

Clay opened his eyes and looked down to see a sleeping brunette on his chest, clinging onto him like a koala. Clay's lips tugged into a smile as he gently caressed George's cold cheek.

A minute of admiring George's peaceful face later, Clay gently removed George's arms from around his body and tried to wiggle from beneath him without waking him up.

"Don't leave me alone Kyle." George mumbled as he clung back onto Clay, his face not peaceful anymore as his eyebrows furrowed and a small frown tugged his lips. Clay sighed and embraced George.

When Clay was sure that the brunette was deep asleep, with soft snores escaping his slightly ajar mouth and grip weakening, he tried to get away again, this time being successful. He climbed out of the bed and made his way to the living room, laying on the couch and falling asleep again.

When it was around 8 a.m, George woke up. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and crawled out of bed. He went to the living room hoping to say goodbye to Clay before he left for work.

When he entered the living room, he was surprised to see Clay still sleeping on the couch. He tried to remember what day it was and he knew it surely wasn't the weekend yet.

He doubted waking the blonde up, not wanting to disturb him and his sleep, and George wouldn't know if he took a leave or something, probably to go clothes shopping for him which George had already told him not to.

George slowly walked over to Clay and nudged his shoulder. Clay groaned but didn't wake up, instead he turned over and hugged a pillow to his chest, which George found very adorable.

"Clay, wake up." George whispered as he gently shook him awake. The taller groaned again and opened his eyes to see George. He slowly sat up and looked at George with a confused expression.

"George? Why are you up so early?" He asked, his voice deep and laced with confusion. George pointed to the wall clock which read '07:54' in big, red numbers. Clay's eyes widened as he jumped up on his feet.

"Holy shit I'm late!" He half-yelled as he speedran his way to the bathroom. George stood in the living room emitting soft giggling noises, finding this whole situation funny.

As Clay ran through the house, getting ready and grabbing a quick breakfast, George was clutching his stomach while chuckling, absolutely dying of how hilarious he looked.

"Look a-at your-self in a m-mir-ror idiot!" George said, still laughing. Clay chuckled with him as he opened 'Camera' on his phone to take a look at himself. He quickly ran his fingers through his hair, trying to look presentable.

"You're finding this really funny aren't you?" Clay huffed as George continued giggling, Clay joining him as the two laughed for a moment, calming down a while later. "Your laughter is really cute." Clay complimented.

"Th-Thank you..." George said, not used to being complimented by Clay. "Now go! You're late!" Clay nodded as he left the spare front door key on the coffee table as usual and walked to the door.

"You should laugh more. Anyways, bye! See you soon!" Clay said, stepping outside and shutting the door behind him. He ran as fast as he could since his work was atleast a 30-minute walk and he was supposed to report at 8:40.

Meanwhile at home, George sat on the couch with his head resting on the headrest. He sighed softly, his cheeks pink and his lips tugged into a small smile. Patches sat next to him with her head resting on George's lap.

"Patches?" George said softly, the cat let out a small 'mew' in response. "Your dad is an idiot." He muttered as he scratched behind her ear. He then picked up the animal and cradled her in his arms.

"You know, Kyle loved animals, especially cats and dogs. You would never get bored if you met him. I wish he was still here." George said as his smile slowly turned into a frown. Patches placed her paw on George's jaw and meowed.

"I won't cry again Patches, don't worry. I'm strong now." George whispered. He put Patches down and stared at his wedding ring. "I would've been stronger if you were here with me..."

George then decided to make himself some breakfast. He knew he had to eat to live and he wanted to live so he could make Kyle proud one day. He got up and poured some cereal and milk in a bowl.

When he was looking through drawers for a spoon Patches walked over to him and rubbed herself against his leg. He put his bowl on the counter and kneeled down to pet her.

"Oh, did Clay forget to feed you today? Well we aren't gonna blame him, he was late and in a rush. I can feed you instead! Now, where's your food huh?" George asked. Patches quickly walked over to a cabinet and started scratching it.

George quickly took out a can of cat food and poured it into Patches' bowl. The cat started feasting hungrily while George got back to searching for a spoon to eat his cereal.

When he finally found a spoon he quickly ate his breakfast and then washed his bowl so that Clay didn't have to do extra work because of him. He went back to the living room and sat down on the couch.

He decided to watch a movie until Clay came back and turned on the television. He went on Netflix and clicked his favourite movie of all time, a movie which starred Kyle.

George watched the movie closely, especially the parts that Kyle had acted. He felt sad that Kyle was gone and how it wasn't fair. He was supposed to live with George till they grew old.

Kyle's death was the most unexpected thing that happened. People expect someone's death when one is really ill or really old. Kyle was neither. He was healthy and fit and just 24! He had all these years to live, yet he couldn't...
____________________
1076 words.

Just one chapter today folks I promise I'll get back to two chapters a day really soon

Remember that you are valid and loved. Also remember to eat, sleep and stay hydrated. Have a great day/night.