Chapter 5

TWs: Derealisation, Self H@rm!!

The next morning Clay had to go to work. He usually left around 9 and came back home at 2 p.m. Before leaving he made sure George was alright and went into his bedroom to check on him.

George was still sleeping under the blankets, Patches curled up on the pillow next to him. Clay smiled softly at the sight and went closer.

"Sleep well George, and take care of yourself." Clay whispered. He then picked up Patches who yawned and tried to get away to sleep again. Clay chuckled lowly. "Dad's going to work, Kitty. Take good care for yourself and George okay? Love you."

With that Clay placed Patches back on the bed and left to go to work. He put a spare key on the coffee table just in case with a note 'gone to work, be back soon. here's the front door key if you need.'

A couple hours passed after Clay left and George finally woke up to Patches purring by his ear. He slowly sat up and pulled the sleepy cat on his lap, petting it's head gently.

A while later he got up to brush his teeth. He exited the room and went to the bathroom, looking for his toothbrush as his fuzzy brain couldn't think of where he put it yesterday.

A little searching later, he finally found it and brushed his teeth while looking around the bathroom to distract himself. He knew he needed to get out of his head or it wouldn't end up great but his love for Kyle kept pulling him back into the mess of his brain.

His eyes landed on Clay's shaving kit whose contents were peeking out of the bag. George made a mental note to organise it for the blonde. He quickly spat out the toothpaste and rinsed his mouth, putting his toothbrush away somewhere and reaching for the shaving kit.

He started organising Clay's shaving bag, dumping it's contents onto the counter to have a good look. He started with putting the shaving cream on the bottom and then picked up Clay's razor, thinking of where to place it as he started hearing another voice.

"George! It's me, Kyle!" Kyle's voice said as George zoned out and entered his own little universe. He saw Kyle in front of him but he looked upset and was slightly see-through.

"Kyle? What happened to you?" George asked, dumbfounded.

"Nothing, I'm perfectly fine! What do you even mean? Anyway, I'm feeling so lonely lately..." Kyle said with a frown making George frown too.

"I'm here for you, then why are you feeling lonely?" George asked again.

"George. You're here for me but... you're not with me. I live in a weird place now. I'm stuck George, I hate it here. I'm the only one here... I have no one." Kyle said, looking like he was about to cry.

"K-Kyle what do you mean? You live here with me! I'm right here and you're right here too! Why do you feel lonely?" George asked, very confused by Kyle's words.

"I'm not... here, George. I'm dead. I only exist in your imagination, not in reality. The place I'm at... it's cold, and dark, and I can't escape it... Please help me George." Kyle said, making both of their eyes teary.

"I'll help you Kyle, but... how do I help you? What can I do for you?" George asked, voice cracking in the middle.

"... I'm so lonely George..." Kyle said and vanished...

George gasped as he zoned back in and tried to make sense of Kyle's words as tears filled his eyes. 'I'm so lonely George' the sentence playing in his head on repeat.

He glanced down and saw the razor in his hands. Without a thought he pressed the blade to his wrist, making a cut and wincing at the pain. 'Kyle is lonely, he needs me. I'm coming to you Kyle...' He thought.

He pressed the razor deeper on his wrist as he collapsed on the ground from the pain. He shuffled back until his shoulder hit the wall and leaned against it as he pulled the blade away, staring at the cut with the same numb look.

He was too busy staring that he didn't even hear the front door opening. Clay had gotten home and was pulling his shoes. He could hear Patches meowing in the other room and hoped everything was alright.

"George? I'm home." Clay announced as he made his way to the bedroom. He was surprised to see that George wasn't in there. He then made his way towards the bathroom.

"George are you in here? I'm coming in!" Clay said as he slowly opened the door and peeked inside. He noticed George sitting on the floor staring at his wrist. Clay then noticed the razor on the floor and knew what happened.

"G-George?" Clay muttered as he rushed to George's side and kneeled down beside him, gently taking hold of his wrist making sure to not hurt the cut more. His eyes got watery as he got reminded of his own past.

"Why'd you do it George?" Clay whispered as he slowly helped George stand up, guiding him to the sink and cleaning his wound. George hissed at the feeling and Clay muttered an apology as he continued cleaning it.

Clay put some ointment on the cut and covered it with a bandage, quickly putting his shaving equipments away and taking George to the living room and sitting him on the couch. He asked what George wanted for lunch but the brunette shook his head even when Clay insisted that he needs to eat.

Clay sighed, giving up and sat down next to George. "Okay, now why did you hurt yourself George?" Clay asked him again. George didn't reply to him and stared at his lap.

"C'mon, I can't help you if you don't tell me! Just- tell me George, I might be able to help you y'know." Clay said. George stared up at him, his expression unreadable.

"Why are you so concerned about me?" George asked.
____________________
1018 words.

Remember that you are valid and loved. Also remember to eat, sleep and stay hydrated. Have a great day/night.