Chapter 15

When Clay got home that afternoon, George was sitting on the couch. He didn't bother looking up when Clay entered which made Clay know he was zoned out.

"George." Clay said, shaking George's shoulder. He snapped into reality with a soft gasp and shook his head, eyes shut tightly. He hugged Clay and sighed as he calmed down. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah..." George whispered. He let go of Clay and sat back. "Thank you."

"It's no worries. Did you eat lunch?" Clay asked, pointing to the plate on the coffee table.

"No, I had bread a while ago." George said.

"Okay, let's eat lunch now, yeah? I'll just go change and be back in a bit." Clay said, getting up and making his way to his bedroom, changing into a hoodie and sweatpants.

He went to the kitchen, heating up the spaghetti slightly and putting it in two plates, handing one to George and picking up his own fork to dig in. The two ate in silence until Clay spoke.

"George? My friend asked if he could come over for some time. Will you be okay with that?" Clay asked, looking at George.

"Yeah? Why would I not be okay?" George asked.

"I don't know, maybe you won't like his presence or something. He's a good guy but he can be clingy sometimes, especially because he's coming over after a really long time." Clay said.

"I don't mind. It's your house and he's your friend. You don't need to ask me." George said. "I'm sure he'll be just as nice as you."

"Yeah, hope you both get along. He's my childhood friend and we've been with each other through pretty much everything. He's the same guy I was talking to the other day." Clay said.

"Oh him! He sounded pretty nice. I'm sure it'll be fine. When's he arriving?" George asked.

"Tomorrow, and he'll stay here for three days." Clay explained.

"Three? ...Clay where will he sleep?" George asked, which made Clay think too. He hadn't thought about that yet.

"Wait I never considered that. What do I do now?" Clay asked with a frown.

"...It's alright, we'll figure it out." George said, now focusing on his lunch.

After eating, Clay called Nick and told him he was good to come over. He didn't tell him about the sleeping problem because they can figure it out later. Nick was arriving early tomorrow morning and Clay was really excited.

George could feel the excitement spilling out of Clay. The way he ran around the house making sure everything looked perfect made George giggle. Eventually the day was over and the two fell asleep, Clay on the couch and George on the bed.

The next morning, a doorbell woke Clay up and messed with George's sleep as well. Clay quickly jumped up to open the door, revealing his ravenette friend who was grinning up at him.

"NICK!" Clay yelled as he hugged Nick, the two almost falling backwards before Nick regained his balance. Nick chuckled, hugging Clay tightly as well.

"Calm down bro, you're gonna wake up the whole neighbourhood!" Nick said, still chuckling. Clay invited him inside and the two sat down on the couch until Clay had to get up to get ready for work.

"I've been really busy at work lately, I'm sorry I can't spend much time with you." Clay said with a small frown.

"It's alright, you dumbass. Everyone likes promotion, I do too." Nick said, making both of them laugh. Clay made sandwiches for Nick and George, eating cereal himself and going to his bedroom to inform George that Nick was here.

"Hey, wake up." Clay whispered as he gently shook George who groaned in response, opening his eyes to look at Clay who was smiling like an idiot. "Nick is here."

"I'm tired, leamme (leave me) alone." George said, rolling away from Clay.

"Atleast meet him first? Then you can sleep all you want." Clay said, dragging George out of bed. George groaned in annoyance and walked outside.

"Hi Nick." George said sleepily. Nick said 'hi' back awkwardly.

"He can be grumpy when he's sleepy, he'll be alright in the afternoon." Clay said, taking George back to the bedroom where George fell on the bed and fell asleep immediately.

"Okay, bye! The front door key is there if you need." Clay said pointing towards the key and waving goodbye to Nick.

With that, Clay left to go to work. Nick sat in the couch eating sandwiches that Clay made. Nick had always been a fan of Clay's cooking, even in something as simple as a sandwich.

While Nick was munching on his sandwiches, Patches by his side, George woke up from his precious sleep, making his way towards the couch.

"Hey Nick, sorry if I sounded rude in the morning. Your idiot friend woke me up." George said as he sat down next to Nick.

"It's alright George, he was just excited. Have a sandwich, here." Nick said with a small chuckle. George took a sandwich from the plate and nommed on it.

The two ate in silence, both not knowing what conversation to start.

"So how is living with Clay going? Is he annoying?" Nick asked a while later. "If he annoys you then I can kick his ass." George chuckled at his words.

"No, he's really nice. Sometimes way too nice, even. It feels like I've known him for years now even though it's barely been a month." George said. "He's really caring. I don't think any other stranger would've treated me the way he does."

"He's always been that way. He's really sensitive towards everyone. Mans once risked his own life to save a puppy from coyotes." Nick said.

"Oh my god, did he get hurt?" George asked worried.

"Not really, he got a scratch or two. That was like 5 years ago, he's fine now." Nick said. George sighed in relief.

"He's an idiot, that's what he is." George muttered, making Nick chuckle.

"You're just as sensitive, man. You just don't show it as much as he does but I'm good at reading people." Nick said.
____________________
1025 words.

Remember that you are valid and loved. Also remember to eat, sleep and stay hydrated. Have a great day/night.