8| Bogey, 2 O'clock

Season 1, chapter 8:

'This is empty. You took empty tanks?' I ask in disbelief as I check the gear, John b sits down beside me and a shy smile appears on his face as he looks at me. 'I....' He tries to speak but couldn't think of anything to say. 'Okay, this one's a quarter full.' I state looking at the second oxygen tank. 'That's great.' John B exclaims pointing at me. 'It's enough for one.' I cross my arms with annoyance, I thought today would be my lucky day to finally go scuba diving.

'Love it when a plan comes together.' Pope says sarcastically leaning on the chair with his legs relaxing on the wheel and I nod in agreement. 'Does anybody know to dive?' Kie asks and I quickly jump up onto my feet and raise my hands, knowing fully well I have no clue how to dive, they all glance at me raising their eyebrows and I let out a sheepish chuckle as I lower my hand and sit back down. 'I'm sorry, I wasn't born rich so I could afford this shit.' I scoff crossing my arms looking out into the ocean. JJ chuckles as he walks over to me and sits down beside me, placing one of his hands on my thigh and gives it a light squeeze. 'You thought we'd fall for that?' He questions cocking his eyebrows with a grin and I roll my eyes. 'Shut up.' I frown looking down at his hand still placed on my thigh, I let out a shaky breath as my body felt hot from his touch and my heart rate increased rapidly.

'Uh..' John b cuts JJ and I's moment as he points over at JJ to dive. JJ immediately shakes his head. 'Anybody?' Kie groans. 'I..' I go to speak but they all cut me off. 'No!' They all say sternly in unison glancing in my direction. ''It's kind of a Kook sport.' JJ shrugs and we all let out a sigh. 'I...read about it.' Pope admits and. My eyes widen with excitement as I lean over, intrigued that he read about diving, wanting to know more. 'Great, Pope read about it, so someone's going to die.' Kie scoffs and I roll my eyes at her. 'Look, y-you out the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?' JJ says. 'If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends.' Pope states as JJ and I widen our eyes in shock. 'Bends like, bend over...' JJ mutters arching his back and bending over and they all roll their eyes and sigh as I burst out laughing, slapping his ass causing him to jump forward. He quickly turns around and a grin appears on his face as I bite down on my lips.

'I'll get you back.' He mouths to me so the others couldn't hear and I chuckle. 'Sure.' I mouth back slyly crossing my legs, looking back out into the ocean. 'The bends kill you.' Pope says, killing the playful mood JJ and I were just in. JJ's face immediately drops as he turns around to face Pope. 'Right.' He mutters brushing it off. 'I can—I can dive.' John b blurts out as he stands up, Kie and I whip our heads to look at him. 'Since when can you dive?' I question raising eyebrows. 'Yeah, since when?' Kie asks with concern.

'You can dive. I'm cool with that.' JJ exclaims as I glare at him. 'I'll do it. It's fine.' John b says once again as he begins to put on the gear, I turn around and place my legs on the exterior of the boat as they dangle above the water slightly hitting off the cold water. 'Let me do some calculations real quick.' Pope says taking out his notebook and pen. 'You serious?' Kie asks him. 'That boat's about 30 feet down.' Pope tells us and I nod my head following along with what he's saying. 'So, it'll take 25 minutes at that depth. Which, Uh.. means you need to make your safety stop at about...ten feet. All right? For two minutes.' I explain and they all glance at me in disbelief as my back is still facing them. I could feel their eyes digging into my back so I turn around to face them and shrug. 'What?' I ask and the biggest smile appears on Pope's face. 'Pope isn't the only smart one in the group.' I say sarcastically turning back around and JJ chuckles placing his hand on my shoulder.