15| Surprise Kiss

Season 1, chapter 15:

'Sorry, guys. I promised my parents I'd go shopping with my grandmother today.' I let out a sigh as JJ hops into the back of the Twinkie. 'Really, Liz? You can't just miss an hour?' John b asks pleadingly. 'So I can be grounded forever? No, thanks. But I'll see you later.' I smile softly as Kohn b sighs and starts the engine of the van. 'Good luck. Tell me all about it later.' I wave as the Twinkie drives off.

I quickly have a shower before drying my hair and putting up in a messy bun. I throw on my white neck crop top and a pair of denim ripped shorts along with my sandals. I grab my phone, purse and lipstick and put it into my handbag before leaving my room. 'This is going to be so awkward.' I groan entering the living-room and my parents sit on the couch, talking. 'How?' My father shrugs glancing at me. 'Because I've never spent a day with her before and we have nothing in common.' I state throwing my hands up in the air. 'I'm just going for an hour.' I say, placing my hands on my hips. 'That's fine. As long as you find a dress for the Midsummers.' My mother smiles at me. After a moment, a car horn honks from outside and I roll my eyes. 'Doesn't even have the decency to come to the door.' I roll my eyes and my father laughs. 'We're lucky she collected you here in the Cut. At first, she wanted you to meet you at the shops.' My mother shrugs and I scoff. 'I better not keep the witch waiting. I'll see you later.' I wave at my parents before leaving.

The drive to the shopping centre was awkward and quiet. My grandmother only muttered a hello and get in the back and don't dirty my Mercedes E Class. After twenty minutes, we finally arrived at the shops. 'My driver will escort you to the dress shop. Here's my credit card. Buy a dress and I'll drop you back home.' She speaks up, placing her Gucci bag on the seat beside her. 'Y-You're not coming with me?' I stutter on my words. 'I thought this was bonding time between us. To get to know one another.' I let out a sigh as my face drops in disappointment. I thought she wanted to have a good relationship with me. 'Don't be silly, girl. I have too much work. You are old enough to handle yourself.' She states waving her hand at the driver and he hops out and opens my door for me. 'Thank you.' I smile at him as I hop out. I look back at my grandmother as she takes out her phone and begins texting, I roll my eyes before walking into the shopping centre.

After thirty minutes of shopping, looking for a dress. I finally found one with the help of my grandmother's driver, who's name is George. He brought me to a dress shop where his daughter's always go shopping. 'What about this one?' George points out, taking a long, sleeveless green dress with a slit down the side. 'I love it. Let me try it on.' I exclaim as I grab it off him and run to the fitting rooms. I immediacy fell in love with the dress. It fit my figure so perfect and was the perfect fit for me. I grab the tag and look at the price. $689.99 dollars. 'Oh my god.' I gasp. I quickly change and bring the dress back to the stand. 'Did it not fit you?' George asks. 'It's too expensive.' I mutter and he lets out a sigh. 'That is why we have this.' He smirks lifting up my grandmothers credit card. 'Won't she be mad? And that money can go towards homeless people and to charity.' I state and he rolls his eyes. 'You think your grandmother would give her money to the poor? She only spends it on buying herself new expensive things like jewellery or handbags. She has 13 cars that she probably hasn't even driven in her garage.' George states and my jaw drops wide open. How am I repeated to such a monster? She has all this money, that could be spent on helping others but instead she spends it on herself. What a selfish and greedy woman. 'Do you like the dress?' George asks and I nod. 'Go to the car and I'll buy it.' George says and I let out a sigh. 'Thank you, George.' I smile before leaving the shop.