9| Big John's Office

Season 1, chapter 9:

After we found the compass. Kie, Pope, and I decided to head home because it was late while JJ stayed the night at the Chateau because John b hadn't spoken a word since we found the compass. I felt terrible for leaving him when he probably needed us the most but JJ assured me, he would look out for him.

⚓️⚓️⚓️

It's the next day. We all met up at the Chateau and like every other day, we are sitting outside on the porch. JJ and John b had been to Lana Grubbs earlier on to ask her about the compass and why it was in Scooter Grubbs's boat. I was really mad at them for not coming to get me, but I brushed it aside as I did have an early shift at The Wreck this morning.

I pull out my blunt, lighting it and take a hit as JJ and John B begin to explain what happened. 'The men that shot at us yesterday were yelling and abusing Lana to find out information.' John b informs us and I gasp as I stand up quickly. 'Is she okay? Did you bring her to the hospital?' I ask, my eyes widening in fear. 'No. She wouldn't come with us. She told us to just go.' JJ answers looking at me with an apologetic look and I let out a sigh as I sit back down.

'We're...we're right outside like this...' JJ changes the topic and tries to recreate his actions to show us. 'And all we hear is just, Bam! Bam! Bam!' JJ yells causing Kie to flinch back in the chair and I let out a light giggle at how dramatic he's being. 'Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside.' JJ yells. 'All right? And I'm just looking at him, like—wait, first off, look at this shit.' JJ stutters as he ruffles his hair and paint falls onto the table. 'Disgusting, dandruff.' Kie rolls her eyes and I giggle. 'Okay, thank you.' I smile at him as he faces me. 'Look at all that. That's paint.' He states and I nod. 'And at that point, I was just, like...I'm waiting for death.' He says over dramatically and I burst out laughing. 'Oh my god, I'm going to piss myself.' I laugh even more, gripping my hands on the table to stop myself from falling on the ground. 'This isn't funny, Liz.' JJ shouts at me but I just keep on laughing. 'I know, I know. It's...it's just you.' I chuckle earning a glare from Kie and Pope. 'Ugh, fine.' I groan picking myself up, sitting back down.

'Oh, okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us, right?' Pope asks John b and JJ. 'Yeah.' JJ pants. 'Did you get a good description of them?' Pope asks. 'What did they look like? Anything we can bring to a police report?' Pope continues to ask questions to JJ and John B. 'Burly?' JJ replies as I raise my eyebrows in confusion. 'Burly? That's not helpful.' I state and he rolls his eyes. 'You know, like—-okay, well, no, like the type of guys at my dad's garage.' JJ mumbles on his words. 'I mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers.' JJ says and I nod. 'I can tell you with full confidence, these boys, these killers...they're square groupers.' He says taking a long hit from his blunt. 'Like Marco square groupers? Or Pablo Escobar square groupers?' I ask and he nods. 'Yes.' He exclaims.