29| Ward Cameron

Season 1, chapter 29:

My eyes slowly fluttered open as the sunlight shone through the blinds. A smile appears on my face as I look beside me at JJ sleeping peacefully and remembering what happened last night between us. I'm his girlfriend and he's my boyfriend, it feels so surreal. I bring my hand slowly to his face and brush a strand of his hair away from his eyes. 'Good morning, girlfriend.' JJ smirks as he slowly opens his eyes. 'Morning, boyfriend.' I lean closer and kiss his cheek.

'I'm just going to have a quick shower before the others come over.' I speak up as I get out of bed and grab towels. I close the bathroom door behind me and strip my clothes off as I hop into the shower and turn it on. I couldn't stop thinking about last night and JJ. My heart is breaking just thinking of everything his father has put him through, and I couldn't do anything to help him. It hurts so much to see him so broken because he deserves to have a happy and luxurious life. I would never forgive myself if something were to happen to him. I spent the remaining time in the shower, shaving and washing my hair. I hopped put of the shower and dried myself off. I glanced at myself in the mirror and couldn't help but blush at the sight of the marks JJ left on my neck. I bit down on my bottom lip as last night replayed in my mind. I leave the bathroom and entered the bedroom again but JJ wasn't there. 'JJ.' I call out as I look around the room. I rush out into the hall and run into the kitchen and my eyes widen when I see him standing at the counter, making food. 'I'm not the best cook, but I sure can make nice pancakes.' JJ says as he turns around to face me with a plate stacked with pancakes and maple syrup dripping down the sides of them.

'How did you sleep?' He asks me as he sits down on the couch and I tighten the towel around my body so it wouldn't fall off me before I sit down beside him. 'Good. And you?' I ask taking some pancakes and putting them onto a plate, taking a mouthful of it. JJ wipes some syrup onto his finger and splashes it onto my face. 'JJ!' I squeak as I jump back. 'I just showered!' I exclaim as I grab the syrup bottle and squirt it on him. He bursts out laughing as he jumps up off the couch and grabs the bottle off me and sprays it in my hair. Maple syrup got all over the place and I'm about to spray him when I slip on some of it on the ground and fall onto JJ, knocking us both to the floor and causing my towel to fall off me. JJ's eyes widen with lust and temptation as my cheeks burb bright red. He leans closer to me and smashes his lips onto mine as I deepen our kiss. I don't know how or when we ended up in the shower, but we did. 'I love you.' JJ whispers as he pushes my body up against the wall of the shower, a shiver goes down my spine at the touch of the coldness. 'Lizzie? JJ?' I heard someone call out from the living room, and I immediately pull away from JJ and turn off the shower. 'Lizzie, you in there?' Kie's voice speaks up as she knocks on the bathroom door. 'Hurry up. John b should be back soon.' Pope informs us as we have them walk away and JJ and I burst out laughing. JJ and I quickly dried ourselves off and got dressed. We entered the living and Kie's eyes widen in shock. 'Why are both your hairs wet?' She asks, confused. 'Well, uh..' I go to speak but JJ cuts me off placing his arm around my shoulder. 'Why do you think we're wet, Kie?' JJ says sarcastically as he smirks at her and Pope. 'Oh, my God! Have you two slept together?' She asks, I nod in confirmation as she gasps aloud. 'What? Why did you not tell me, Lizzie? Wait! Are you two together?' She asks looking at us and Pope. 'Were together!' JJ reveals, smiling proudly before he kisses my forehead and I blush. 'Well, I can't say I'm surprised. I knew it was going to happen.' Pope says and I giggle. Kie's mouth dropped wide open and I let out a sigh. 'Kie, you okay?' I ask and she nods, clearing her throat. 'I'm just surprised. But I'm happy for you two.' Kie says as she smiles at me.

⚓⚓⚓

We all hung out at the Chateau, waiting for John b to come home from his fishing trip with Ward. Kie and Pope were working on now getting a large amount of golf out of the well while JJ and I were sharing a blunt with each other. 'How's it feeling?' Pope asks Kie, who was testing out the pulley system in the tree. Kie sat in a bucket to see how sturdy it is. 'Feels good.' Kie informs him. 'Alright, I'm taking you down.' Pope calls out as he starts bringing her down. JJ sat on the edge of the hot tube as I stood between his legs. He had one hand interlocked with mine as he takes a hit from the blunt. 'Where is John b? I'm starting to worry about him.' I ask looking around to see if he's here. 'John b is pulling a Houdini.' JJ says. 'Yeah, where is he? I got my scholarship interview tomorrow. We gotta get this done.' Pope speaks up. I let out a sigh of relief as I see John b come around the corner of the house. 'Speak of the devil. Hey!' I call out to him. 'Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything.' JJ lies. 'No, he did not. I did that.' Pope corrects glaring at JJ.

I could tell something was off when he walked past us without saying a word into the house. 'Okay, that's it?' JJ asks. 'Uh, what was that all about?' Pope questions, looking at us for an answer. 'I was gonna ask you the same question.' JJ says hopping off the tub as he walks into the house, we follow behind him. When we enter, John b was going through everything in the house, looking for something. He started throwing objects around the house as I dodge a pillow coming my way. 'Hey, John b! What's going on?' I ask as I toss the pillow onto the table. 'What are you looking for?' JJ asks. 'Bro, what's going on?' JJ questions him. John B reaches under the cushion and pulls out the gun and my eyes widen. 'John B, what do you need the gun for? Tall to us!' JJ shouts as he steps in front of John b. John b grabs JJ and throws him onto the pullout couch. 'John B, what the hell is wrong with you? Chill!' I yell as I step in front of him, stopping him from leaving the house but he just shoves me back and I fall to the ground. 'What are you doing?' Kie yells as John b pushes Pope against the dining table. I get up and run over to JJ, checking to see if he's okay. 'I'm good.' He says before I could ask him. We all run outside after john b as he walks to the bike. 'What the fuck is going on, John B? Talk to us!' I shout but he ignores me as he gets on the dirt bike and starts the engine. 'John b, what the hell?' Kie asks running after him. 'Ward knows about the gold.' John b finally tells us. 'He killed my dad!' John b reveals looking back at us before he drives off and a gasp escapes my lips as my eyes widen in shock as the others chase after him. I felt like the wind was knocked out of me. Tears were streaming down my cheeks. I couldn't believe that Big John is dead! He's really dead! My father's childhood best friend and my brother's godfather was murdered. 'He's going to get himself in trouble! We need to go after him!' I yell.

'I'm going to stay, he might come back soon and I don't want him to be alone if he does.' I speak up as the others get ready to search for him. 'You sure?' JJ asks as he grabs my hand. 'Hmm.' I nod as I kiss him on the lips. 'I'll see you tomorrow.' I hug Pope and Kie as they get in the Twinkie and drive away. I walk over to JJ and pull him into a hug. 'Find him, J. He needs us.' I mutter and he nods as we lean our foreheads against each other. 'I'll text you if I find him and you text me if he comes home.' JJ says and I nod as I lean closer to him. 'I love you.' I whisper. 'I love you too.' he replies before he kisses me for a moment. He pulls away as he kisses my forehead and gets on his dirt bike and starts the engine. He drives off as I head inside and sit on the couch, waiting for John b. It was already dark outside when I hear a car pull up in the yard, I let out a sigh of relief. 'Pope? Kie?' He sniffles as he enters the house. 'Just me.' I speak up as I enter the hallway. 'You're still here?' He asks and I nod. 'Got nowhere else to be and I thought you might want the company.' I say as a faint smile appears on his face. He begins to sniffle as tears threaten to break free I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him as he cries onto my shoulder. 'I'm here for you. Always. I love you, John B.' I mutter.

⚓⚓⚓

We sit in silence on the dock as we dangle our feet above the water. John b lights a small wooden raft on fire which held a photo of his father. He places the raft in the water and it slowly begins to float away from us as he begins to sob. 'Bye, Dad!' He whispers as I let out a sigh. John b leans his head on my shoulder as I wrap my arm around his shoulder. We sit in silence, watching the raft float away, sitting out on the dock until he both grew too tired and headed inside to sleep.

To be Continued...