30| Peterkin

Season 1, chapter 30:

The next morning, John b woke me up looking nervous and angry. 'What's wrong?' I ask, letting out a yawn. 'The gold!' He exclaims as he grabs the keys and rushes out of the room, my eyes widen as I quickly get up, fix my hair and follow after him. We drove all the way to the Crain House and he pulled the van to a stop as I see the 'for sale' sign outside the property and i clench my fist with anger. We quickly hop over the wall and make our way through the yard. I freeze as I notice a wheel barrow turned sideways 'Cameron Development' was written on it. 'John b..' I speak up, he glances at me as I point at the wheel barrow. Anger fuels his eyes as he clenches his fists. He walks over to the entrance of the basement and goes inside as I wait outside for him, giving him a moment to himself. I'm so angry, Ward took the gold. I couldn't believe that after all this time, all our hard work, it was for nothing.
I let out a sigh as I realise Pope has his scholarship interview in a few minutes, I take out my phone and give Pope a quick message, 'Good luck, you're going to do amazing.' I put my phone in my back-pocket.

⚓️⚓️⚓️

John b and I headed back to the Chateau, the whole ride was just in silence as we were bought lost in our own thoughts. Kie and JJ were waiting for us on the dock. 'Morning.' I smile as I approach JJ as he sits on the fence and throw my arms around him, hugging him tight. 'Morning, Liz.' He kisses my forehead as John b lays down on the wooden planks. I rest my head on JJ's shoulder as John b explains everything to them. 'You sure he got everything?' Kie asks. 'Every bar. The whole enchilada.' John b grunts as he takes off his cast from his hand. 'Look, it's not like I expected a happy ending or some shit.' John b mutters as he tosses away the cast. 'John b...' Kie speaks up. 'What, Kie?' He asks not really in the mood for anything as I let out a sigh.

'It's a hairline fracture. Who cares?' He groans looking at her. 'You should care. Your arm's gonna be messed up for life.' She states frowning at him. 'It's fine. See?' He says lifting his hand and begins to wiggle his fingers. 'Guys!' A familiar voice speaks up as I turn around and see a sweaty and out of breath Pope running down the dock to us. 'Pope?' I speak up in disbelief. 'Oh! Oh! Oh, God! I ran all the way here.' He stops and bends over to catch his breath. 'You all right?' JJ asks. 'How was the interview?' I ask with a smile looking at him. 'Don't ask..' He grunts and I let out a sigh. 'JB...' Pope pants. 'Look, I'm sorry, dude. About everything.' Pope says. 'It's fine.' John b mumbles looking up at the sky. 'But...but I don't have a lot of time, and...and I have information that is actively relevant. So, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plans.' He explains looking around at us as my eyes widen in realisation. 'Because it was too heavy, it needed a longer landing strip to take off. So, I'm here sitting in my interview, thinking to myself, 'Hm. Why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off? What could be so heavy to weigh it down?' Pope says looking at us. 'Gold.' JJ answers. 'That's right.' John b agrees. 'Exactly.' Pope exclaims pointing at JJ. 'Guys, this is our chance, but it leaves tonight, and we have to go.' Pope tells us. 'Guys, we can't give up now.' I exclaim. 'What's the plan, big man?' JJ asks John b taking a hit from his blunt. 'We're gonna steal that shit back!' John b informs us as I jump up with excitement and kiss JJ. 'Let's do this!' Pope shouts as him, Kie, JJ, John b and I run to the Twinkie.