23| Sarah Cameron

Season 1, chapter 23:

'So here's the plan. We need to look for the wheat near the water like it said in Denmark's letter.' John b wishes as we all bend down behind a bush outside the Crain House. 'Okay, like, what kind of water? Like, pond water?' Pope asks John b. 'Bongwater?' JJ asks chuckling as John b, Pope and I give him look. 'No, it--is just said look for water, okay?' John b says.

'That's the shittiest secret message ever.' Kie scoffs walking closer to the house. 'You wanna complain a little more, Kie? Nobody said it was gonna be easy.' John b argues with Kie. 'I'll search the northeast quadrant, you two search the northwest.' Pope instructs pointing at JJ and me. 'The decapitation quadrant.' JJ say frekaing out as I roll my eyes. 'Let's go, blue eyes.' I smirk at him as I interlock my hand with his. We walked around the premises like ten times finding nothing but old furniture and weeds. JJ was in the lead as he searched for water as a smirk appears on my face as I slowly creep up behind him. 'BOO!' I exclaim as JJ jumps and turns around to me. 'What the hell, Lizzie! Fuck, you nearly gave me a heart attack. Don't do that!' JJ breathes heavily as I chuckle at him. 'Hey! Past! Hey, come on. It's the only place we haven't looked.' John b whispers as we all walk to where he is.

He was crouched in front of a small door that lead to the cellar. 'Here we go.' John b nutters as he turns on his flashlight and crawls in first. I crawl in after him. It was dark and creepy. 'Down came Mrs Crain and cut off all our heads, up came the sun and dried up all the blood.' JJ sings as Pope and I glance at each other, rolling our eyes. 'Can you stop?' Pope says sternly glaring at him. 'See any water.' Kie asks as we move further into the cellar. 'Another dead, end?' Kie asks after a minute of searching the cellar for water. 'There's not even water on the pipes.' JJ says as he walks over to the pipes and runs his hand along the pipe. 'There's no water here.' Pope states. 'Not a dopamino.' JJ nods in agreement. 'Know why we didn't find it? Bad karma.' Kie says sarcastically. 'Oh, God.' I let out a sigh. 'You know, e had a good thing going. And then you divided to rope in Barbie, and now the trails went dry. Confidence? Probably not.' Kie says, crossing her arms annoyed. 'Thus is exactly why I didn't wanna tell you about Sarah!' John b points at her, getting frustrated. 'Yeah?' lie questions. 'Yeah.' John b replies. 'What the hell's the deal with you two?' John b asks Kie about Sarah. 'Nothing.' Kie shrugs it off. 'Nothing? Is it because I kissed you? Is that the problem?' Kie slaps John b across the face, the slap making a loud noise. 'Oh!' Pope and I gasp aloud. 'Oh, shit!' JJ says. 'Stop treating me like I'm some girl that's obsessed with you instead of your best friend who's trying to look out for you.' Kie argues with John b as Pope, JJ and I keep searching for water.

'Did you, uh...hit me?' John b asks, bewildered at her action a moment ago. 'Skeeter.' Kie states lifting her palm. 'Yeah.' John b says slapping her back. 'John b!' I warn. John b holds up his hand. A large mosquito was smashed into the centre of his palm. 'Skeeter.' He says. Kie and him being to smash each other as I roll my eyes. 'Stop acting like children!' Pope demand them to stop as they are talking loudly before he gonna swatting the mosquitoes off himself. 'These things are a freaking swarm!' Pope complain as JJ and I swat the mosquitoes off each other. 'Ssh! Hey, ssh! Keep it down.' JJ orders. 'Why are there so many mosquitoes in a basement?' Pope wonders. 'Dude. I know, seriously. Tiny vampire bats, just leave me alone. Oh, my God! Okay, can we leave? Cause I'm already itching to leave.' JJ asks starting to get annoyed as I chuckle swatting a mosquito off his shoulder. He smiles at me for a moment before he goes back to swatting the mosquitoes. I watch Pope as he wanders around the basement. 'P, you good?' I ask, whispering to him as he stares at the floor while tapping it with his foot. 'Look.' he grabs a small pebble and drops it through a crack in the floor. We listen to it crackdown. The sound of a splash echoes up. I look at him, eyes wide in shock. 'Holy shit!' I mutter as a smile appears on my face. 'Guys, guys! Come help us move this!' I order the group as they all move to pick up all the wood and debris that covered the floor. 'Guys! Guys!' Kie says. 'Guys, I know. Yeah. Sh. Sh.' Pope urges. 'She's probably right upstairs.' Kie states letting out a sigh.