2| Storm Agatha

Season 1, chapter 2:

'Holy shit.' I mutter as John b, JJ and I look up at the screen. Storm Agatha was heading straight towards us. John B looks over at JJ and me before leaving the shop, We shortly follow behind him. 'I need to call DCS.' John B sighs, as he takes out his phone and dials them. The alarms were blaring and the wind was picking up speed, as everyone's trying to get home as fast as possible. 'Yeah. Uh, I think we're probably gonna have to reschedule.' John B speaks to the phone, and a smile appears on his face. After he hangs up the phone, I tell the boys I had to go home and help my parents secure the house.

'Hey, I'm home,' I call out, as I place my skateboard at the door. 'Liz! Oh, thank god.' My mother exclaims as she runs over and pulls me in for a hug, hugging me as tightly as possible. 'You okay, mom? I ask as I furrow my eyebrows in concern. 'You know how your mother gets when there's a storm.' My dad answers as he walks outside with a hammer, some screws, and wood to bolt up the shed and windows. 'Okay, okay, mom. You can let me go now before I die from lack of oxygen.' I say sarcastically and she immediately steps back and cups her hands in my face. 'Sorry, sweetie.' She says softly as a smile appears on her face. 'It's fine, mom. I was wondering would I be allowed to stay the night at John B's?' I ask, giving her puppy eyes and she lets out a sigh. 'I don't know, Liz. I don't know how I feel with you staying at his house while there's a storm.' My mother objects and I groan with annoyance. 'I promise, I won't go outside and that we'll make sure the house is safely secure. Please?' I plead to her and she rolls her eyes. 'I can never win with you, fine.' She raises her hands in the air. 'Thank you. Thank you. I love you.' I exclaim as I jump into her arms and pull her in for a hug and she laughs. 'I love you too, now go pack a bag and get there before the storm gets worse.' My mother states pointing at me and I nod in agreement. I quickly kiss her cheek before running into my room and stuff a new outfit for tomorrow, my pajamas, toothbrush and toothpaste, a hairbrush, and a few cigarettes and my lighter.

'I'm leaving now. See you tomorrow, Love y'all. I call out before closing the front door and skate down the road, it was only a three-minute walk from my house to John b's, so I didn't have too long to travel. 'Hey.' I speak up as I walk up the steps and open the door to the porch. 'Lizzie?' JJ and John b say in unison as they turn their heads around to meet mine, sitting on the couch. 'Mind if I stay the night too?' I ask as a smile appears on my face. 'Of course, come on, we're watching Friends and drinking.' John b answers as they make room for me on the couch, I throw my bag on the kitchen counter and slouch down in the middle of them, as we watch one episode before we go out and bolt up the house a bit. Once the sunset, we were all of our heads on alcohol, dancing and singing around the house until John B went to bed, JJ falls asleep on the pull-out bed and I shortly doze off to sleep on the couch.

⚓️⚓️⚓️

The next morning, I wake up to the sound of birds chirping and get up to switch the lights on in the living room. I groan when they don't. I take out my phone and roll my eyes when there was no service. 'Great.' I mutter placing my phone back on the coffee table, and go over to the kitchen and eat an apple since everything was down, and I couldn't cook. 'Morning, Lizzie.' John b says in a husky voice, as he comes out of his room into the living room. 'Did you sleep okay?' I ask him and he shakes his head. 'Barely. You?' He asks as he lets out a yawn. 'Like a baby. So did he.' I chuckle as I point over at JJ, laying on his stomach, snoring aloud. 'Yo, JJ, you been outside?' John B asks him, as he slaps him on the back to wake him. 'I have polio, bro. I can't walk.' JJ groans, John B rolls his eyes and looks at me before going out the back, to check the damage Agatha left behind for us.

'Come on, JJ. Get up.' I say, shaking him and he groans. 'Leave me alone, Lizzie.' He whines and I roll my eyes at how childish, he's acting. 'Stop being so lazy and get up and come outside.' I order before gently slapping his head and go out to join John B. 'Well damn.' I mutter as I look around the yard, a boat was washed up into the garden as tree branches scattered all over the place. 'Oh no!' I whine as I stamp my leg off the ground grabbing John B's attention. 'My favorite tree was knocked down.' I whine and he bursts out laughing. 'It's not funny, Johnny! I carved my name onto it, and my hammock was hanging from it last night.' I argue. 'Agatha did some work, huh?' JJ asks as he leans against the railing of the porch, with a beer in his hand. 'How are you drinking, right now? I swear, can you go a day without alcohol?' I scoff, crossing my arms as he laughs at me. 'In your dreams, maybe.' He smirks at me, sending me a wink before taking a sip from the can. Butterflies erupt in my stomach at his words and I feel my knees go jelly as his ocean blue meet mine. My cheek turn bright red as I scan his body up and down, my eyes stopping at his shirtless chest, as his abs shine from the sun. 'You good?' John B asks as he waves his hand in front of my face.

'W..What?' I stutter as I zone back to reality. JJ has a devilish smirk plastered across his face, looking directly at me. 'Enjoying the view, Lizzie?' He smirks as he bites his lower lip and I clear my throat. 'You wish, Maybank.' I lie, rolling my eyes and he bursts out laughing, I flip him off. 'What you thinking?' JJ asks John b as he throws off tree branches from the HMS Pogue. 'I'm thinking that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze.' John b answers. 'All those drums are gonna chase the crab.' He continues. 'What about DCS? Wasn't that today?' JJ asks him. 'Nah, they're not getting on a ferry.' John B replies and I let out a sigh of relief. 'Come on, think about it. It's God telling us to fish.' John b says as he raises his hand in the air. 'Okay, let's go and get Kie and Pope.' JJ exclaims. 'But first, we need to stop by my place. I need to assure mom that we made it through Agatha.' I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes. We all head towards the Twinkie, as we bet on who's going to catch the most fish.

To Be Continued...