37| Daydreaming

Season 2, chapter 37:

It was a hot, sunny day and people were about doing their daily routines whilst my friends and I were on the run. After hours of running, we finally arrived at the Fairmont Hotel. "Are you sure about this, Sarah?" I ask sceptically as we enter the hotel. "Looks a little spendy, no?" John b says as my mouth widens at how magnificent the interior is. "Oh, to be a Kook," I mutter.

"Just act like you know what you're doing," Sarah demands. John B glances at me and I just shrug as we follow behind Sarah. "And smile and say hi to people." She states and I laugh. It feels like my mom is lecturing me on my behaviour. Guilt hit me when I thought of my mother. She must be so worried, right now. And I have no idea when I'll be home. or if I'm ever going to!

I blink back to reality when I bump into an old couple trying to walk past me. I smile shyly at them, mouthing an apology as I scan the room for Sarah and John B. I spot them at the bottom of the stairs, as John B waves his hand at me to come on. I speed walk to them and John b nudges me slightly with a smile. I roll my eyes as we walk upstairs.

"You stay here?" John B turns to look at Sarah, and my eyes widen in shock at his question. "You stay here?" I repeat his question. "Yeah, I mean, not anymore," Sarah mutters as she walks on. "Hey." A female voice speaks up grabbing John B and my attention. I glance over to see a young woman working as a cleaner near her trolley. " Hi." I smile at her as she grabs a few towels and walks away. I glance at John B as he goes to the trolley and grabs the woman's phone and something else I couldn't see. "Smart thinking, JB," I smirk at him as he beckons me to follow him.

We walked up to the rooftop of the hotel and rejoined Sarah's side. "Okay. You know what? You didn't tell me you lived on a beach filled with rollers that just slide in all day." John b speaks up, breaking the silence. "Yeah, we used to come here as kids when we were building the vacation house right over there." She replies, lifting her hand and pointing out over the ocean to a majestic mansion.

"Holy shit, that's huge!" I exclaim as a smile appears on my face. "I bet that's where the gold is." John b suggests and I nod my head in agreement. "It has to be in there," I state. "Promise me you two won't do anything stupid." Sarah pleads mainly glancing at John b. "Well, Sarah Cameron, I do stupid things all the time without realizing it." John b mutters. "Yeah, we do." I shrug as I plonk myself on the roof floor. "No. I know you two wanna go over there. But there is a gate. There's security. There are patrols. It's a death trap." Sarah states looking worried. "Okay, okay, but just think about it. If we can get some money, real money, okay? We can get a lawyer." John B states glancing at Sarah.

"He's right, Sarah. We need the money, to get a lawyer to save our asses from going to jail." I point out as I cover my eyes from the burning sun. "Lizzie and I can clear our name. We can all go home." John b says. I look up and see the concerned look on Sarah's face. "Look, the gold is only gonna be there for a few days, and after that, it's gone. It's gone forever." John b says dramatically. "The world thinks we're dead." John b shrugs. "Thanks for stating the obvious, JB." I scoff, rolling my eyes. I rub my thighs and calves, feeling the ache of running all day now beginning to hit me.

"It's perfect." He ignores me. "We just go, hop over the gate, steal some gold." John b says the plan aloud. "No." Sarah cuts him off. "John B, you and Lizzie are wanted. It's just way too dangerous." Sarah states and I frown. "Love that you care for us so much, Sarah, but this is our only chance. All that we have worked for will be for nothing otherwise." I cross my arms. "Please, promise me? Promise me, you won't." Sarah looks between John b and me now. "We won't," I answer for us but the glance John B gives me tells me he has other plans.

After a while, the three of us are now lying down on sunchairs watching the sunset on the horizon. "I have to say, I feel like I'm on vacation." I smile softly crossing my arms over my head as I look out into the ocean. Sarah smiles at me before we both turn to look at John B. My eyes widen as he takes out the woman's phone.

"Where did you get that?" Sarah asks. "Borrowed it. Just for a minute," he mutters as he begins typing. "Who are you texting, JB?" I ask curiously. "Just sending a message from the grave." He replies still typing. A smile appears on my face at the realization that he's texting the Pogues. It will bring me some comfort knowing that they know that John B and I are still alive.

An hour passes, and we head downstairs to leave. As we walk past the trolley, John B places the phone back in it. We rush down another set of stairs before a voice grabs our attention. "Check one. Check two." I look down over the stairs at a man speaking into the microphone as the music begins to plan. " Wanna check it out?" I suggest giving them pleading eyes. John b and Sarah smile at me as they hold hands and rush down ahead of me.

We walked over to a table filled with all kinds of food and I immediately grabbed the first thing I saw and swallowed it, not caring what it was. I was too hungry to care, right now. As Sarah and John B eat, I look around at the venue and see tables and chairs scattered all over the place. "Must be a wedding," I state grabbing a handful of fries and eating them. John B grabs a plate as we walk over the the side beside a palm tree and begin eating the food.

All of a sudden, slow music starts playing. "Aw," Sarah mutters as she smiles softly. John b passes the plate to me gently as he grabs Sarah's hand. "Hey, Val." He smiles. "Hey, Vlad," Sarah replies laughing. "Wanna dance?" He asks her. "Yes." They smile as John b walks Sarah over to the top of the aisle and begins slow dancing with her. I couldn't help but smile at seeing one of my closest friends, a man I see as a brother dancing with the girl he loves, not caring about anything else in the world. I eat the food as I watch them dance away when all of a sudden a feeling of loneliness creeps into me. My mind wanders to JJ....and surprisingly Rafe too. What I would give to have JJ here to dance with. I missed him. But then I thought of Rafe. What would it be like if I was dancing with him? I would be so close to him, and him close to me. I imagined his head resting against mine as he whispered sweet things to me. He leans closer to my lips, but then-

I choke on my food as I bring myself back to reality. What the hell is wrong with me? JJ is my boyfriend, not Rafe fucking Cameron. I should be thinking of JJ, not him. A guilty feeling began to eat at me. JJ must be so worried about me back at home while I'm here, daydreaming about dancing with Rafe Cameron. I think I swallowed too much water in that storm and it's messing with my mind.

To Be Continued...