36| Nassau

Season 2, chapter 36:

Sitting down on the floor in one of the rooms on the ship, I couldn't sleep while Sarah and John b were sleeping peacefully on the bed, cuddled up to each other. I couldn't sleep. I could hear the waves slamming again at the ship and crew member's distant voices. I let out a sigh as I wish I could turn back time. Go back to the start of summer and never get involved in this treasure hunt. It was stupid of all of us to do this. What were we expecting? To become rich people! Tears were threatening to surface as I thought of my parents and how they must be so worried right now. They already lost a child before now they have to suffer thinking they've lost another. It was selfish of me to put that heartache on them again and I'll never forgive myself.

"Sarah?" John b wakes up with a hoarse voice. Sarah hums in response as her eyes flutter open before she closes them again. "Sarah." John b repeats as I look over at him. "Do you wanna get married?" John B asks abruptly and my eyes widen in shock. "What?" Sarah croaks. She rolls over so she is facing him now and I get up off the floor quickly, staring at John b with wide eyes. "Do you wanna get married?" He repeats with a small smirk on his face. "No." Sarah deadpanned and I placed my hand over my mouth before I could laugh at John B's expression. "You're sixteen!" I state. "So?" John b glares at me while shrugging and I roll my eyes. "I'm going back to sleep." Sarah hums but John b starts poking her and she begins to giggle as she turns around to face him. "Wanna be a Pogue for life?" John b asks her. "If I say yes, you're not allowed to die". She mutters and I take a deep breath. They begin to make out right in front of me. "Ew! No! Stop it!" I demand as they both chuckle and break away from their kiss. "This can wait till we're off the ship," I state pointing at them.

"Someone's coming, John B.," Sarah speaks up suddenly and then the door behind me opens and the captain of the ship enters. "Morning, lovebirds!" He says looking at John b and Sarah. "Morning, ma'am." He nods at me. "Coming into port. Best not to be onboard without a passport, if you know what I'm saying. You guys can go on my bridge." Terrence says as he gestures to a door, which has a small staircase behind it. The three of us nod and quickly go to the stairs. "Hey, thank you for this," I say looking at Terrance. "Stay out and don't come out." He instructs. "You got it." John b confirms. Terrance closes the door and leaves. "What?" John B says grabbing my attention as he leans his arms on the windowsill. "Dude, I've never been to a foreign country before." He says in awe. "Same," I say astonished looking out the window. "Welcome to Nassau." Sarah hums. "Wow. It's beautiful." I breathe. Sarah trails over to John b and we all stare out the window, taking in the vibrant blue water and huge mansions that lined the shore. "This is my family's house," Sarah says, guiding John B's hand and pointing toward a huge mansion. "You're kidding me?" I gasped at Sarah. "Holy super Kook." John b gasps. "I mean maybe we could crash for a couple of nights?" I suggest. "Hey, Dad, I'm alive, by the way, and I'm also thinking about getting married. Can we crash?" Sarah says sarcastically and I burst out laughing. "Yeah, maybe search around the house for a couple of things you might have left. Like the gold you stole from us." John b mimicked. "John b, Lizzie, we are fugitives," Sarah says seriously. "In a foreign country."

"We get it." John b mutters. "We just have to be careful," Sarah says glancing at John b. I glance out the window as the boat docks at the port and my eyes widen with fear at the large amount of uniformed men stepping inside. "Guys? I don't like the look of this." I state. I see Terrance talking to the guards and I clench my fist in anger at his betrayal. "He ratted us out." I curse. "Shit!" John b yells. "We can't stay here," Sarah says urgently. "No, we can't. I'm gonna break the window." John B says as we back away and watch as John B grabs a chair and throws it at the window. The glass shatters loudly and I quickly brush away the shards with my hat, dropping it on the floor. "Hurry," I whisper as I hope our urging the others to follow. As Sarah climbs out, the door is unlocked and the police officers rush in. "Stop!" They shout as we quickly jump down onto the dock and the three of us take off running.

To Be Continued...