14| The Salvage Yard

Season 1, chapter 14:

We pull up where Kie left her car a couple of hundredth feet from the salvage yard. 'You know what your problem is?' I turn to JJ, as Pope looks at him. 'You?' Pope replies and I laugh as I open the door and hop out of the van. I close it behind me, leaving the boys to bicker as Kie gets out too. 'You ready for this?' Kie asks as she hops into her car and I nod my head as I hop into the passenger seat. We drive up to the Twinkie as John b places his hands on the window. 'Hey, don't worry. You two got this.' He says encouragingly as I exchange a look with Kie before laughing. 'It's not us we're worried about.' Kie says with a smirk pointing at Pope and JJ still bickering and John b laughs. 'Don't let JJ do anything stupid.' I tell John b and he nods as we drive away to the salvage yard.

'Hello?' Kie says to the security guard on the other side of the gate. The guard immediately comes out to meet us. 'Can I help you two ladies?' He asks us. 'Hi! We have a flat tire and we were wondering if maybe you could help us.' I say giving him a slight smile. 'Yeah.' The guard says leaving us to get his tool box. I look at aloe and we both smirk at each other. 'Too easy.' I mutter to her while I could see JJ, John b and Pope watch waiting for the gates to open. 'So, you and John b cool now?' I ask her and her eyes widen. 'He told you?' She asks and I shake my head. 'I'm not as dumb as the boys when it comes to feelings, I noticed something was weird, so I put two and two together.' I chuckle and she scoffs. 'Smart ass. We talked and sorted it out. We're okay now.' She replies and I nod my head. 'It's just this back one right here.' Kie speaks up as the guard approaches us opening the gate. I put the middle finger up behind my back to the boys, giving them the signal to go as Kie continues talking to the guard.

'Probably just been sitting in the yard too long?' The guard concludes. 'Yeah.' Kie replies with a shrug. 'Yeah. I..I got this.' The guard nods at Kie and I as he kneels down beside the tire. 'Thank you.' I say smiley as he begins filling the tire with air. I look behind the guard just in time to see the boys running on the other side of the gate and I turn to Kie and nod slightly. 'Got it?' Kie asks with a smile and he nods. The guard was trying not to make it obvious but he was looking my body up and down constantly and I wanted to vomit. A few moments pass and I hear a dog barking. 'Do you hear that?' The guard asks in confusion. 'Hear what!' I ask in a shyly manner before the guard stood up. 'Oh, Tebow's got soemthing.' The guard says, referring to the dog before he looks behind him in the direction of the barking. 'It's probably just a raccoon, maybe. You know?' Kie suggests, which causes the guts to turn to her. 'Nothing to worry about.' She shrugs as the guard continues to fix the tire. I walk around to the other side of the car and take out a pin as I put it through the other tire to give us more time but The guard walked past Kie and caught me before we could say anything. 'What are you doing?' He asks me. 'This one looks a little low too.' I reply as I move my hair out my face, and the man raises his eyebrows and glares at me before running over to the gate 'Wait!' I call after him. 'Shit!' Kit breathes as she runs around the car to the driver seat and we both hop in. 'Go, go.' I urge her and she starts the car and we drive away from the salvage yard.