2: played

A few days have passed. Taehyung was practicing his skills with namjoon on the field near the hunter's their hideout. He held the knife in his hand as he practiced the techniques on the wood and straw build puppet. Namjoon watched over him from a few meters away.

"your feet need to move more, don't stay on the same spot" namjoon said, noticing taehyung's feet were not moving enough. "a vampire is fast, you have to be faster with your mind. don't let your guard down even a second. we've practiced this Taehyung, pay attention"

"I am, it's just....it's hard to focus. '' Taehyung stopped his practice and sighed, rubbing his forehead. his mind kept getting distracted by that vampire he tried to kill. He didn't seem to be able to get him out of his mind. it felt like he was enchanted with something.

"Let's end it here for today then. if you lose focus every ten seconds it's no use to keep trying over and over again, it wont get any better" namjoon gabbed the bater bottle and handed it to taehyung who took a few big gulps. "don't lose hope, you're good, really good. you just have to get control over your own emotions. you're still young it takes time"

"I am trying, but it wont work. i can't kill anyone Joon, i just...can't do it"

"I know, but you will get there. '' Namjoon looked at the other. "I am your mentor here, I will get you through this. I know you want this. but...there are other ways you know? i don't know if you can do this type of life....we hunters aren't roses and rainbows. it's a dark place, you know that"

"I know. but I chose this path. I have to finish it now. If he quits he will see me as a weak quitter. He won't see me any better. I have to do this..."

"Okay, then prepare for some exhausting training from me, I will help you get rid of your fears."

"thanks, you're the best"

"No problem, now cheer up." Namjoon ruffled Taehyung's hair and walked away. "I'll see you tomorrow morning. oh and, try not to die alright?"

"I'll do my best," Taehyung chuckled. He walked away form the building going into the city. he would like to have free time in the morning as well but he almost only was free around dinner. the day was basically already gone. being a vampire hunter consumed his time like crazy.

Taehyung sighed again and looked at his knife, flipping it two times in his hand before putting it back behind his belt. As a hunter he was always wearing some kind of weapons on him. you never know when you get attacked by one of these creatures. speaking of them. Taehyung heard screams coming from a short distance. He hated his steps and turned his head to the path on his left.

It came from the alley. Taehyung hesitated for a second. but then he entered the alley. Taehyung was a good person under his mask. If someone needed help he had to help them. And if he manages to kill this vampire then he might get his father's respect finally.

"h-help!" the lady her voice was getting closer. Taehyung put his back against the wall and peeked around it. he frowned, he saw the lady laying on the cold ground but he was most likely already gone. blood coming from her neck and wrist coloring the stone ground under her body. Taehyung sighed and decided to walk away. there won't be anything he can do for her if she was somewhat alive. Those kinds of bites from a vampire will be fatal no matter what. People shouldn't underestimate the bite of a night creature. they are poison, not just a pinch in the skin.

"quite interesting isn't it?" a low voice said next to his ear. Taehyung turned around only to yelp in shock and back away. He was face to face with a vampire.

the same vampire of before. There was no doubt about that. Taehyung hasn't been able to get him out of his head ever since they met.

"its you!"

"Of course it's me, who else would I be?" the vampire said sarcastically. he chuckled and suddenly flashed behind the hunter grabbing his shoulders making taehyung shiver. his cold hands sinking in the soft fabric of taehyung's shirt. "are you ready to kill me now? or are you still hesitating?"

Taehyung gulped, not finding the words to speak anymore. the vampire's cold breath fanned over his ear. "Have you lost your tongue pretty boy?"

"n...n-no"

"Come now, don't be shy. i'm just a vampire" the vampire chuckled and walked around taehyung his fingers kept in touch with taehyung's shoulder teasingly. "Kim...Taehyung. a lovely name."

"How do you know my name?" Taehyung frowned and stepped back, removing the vampire's hand from his shoulder quickly. He got his thoughts back on track and grabbed his knife ready to fight when the vampire got closer again.

"I know a lot, but don't worry. I'm not gonna spread anything about you." the vampire grinned and slowly took steps closer, testing the waters.

"how!?"

"Tell me, why aren't you attacking me now. haven't you learned not to listen to a vampire's words? we lie, you know that right?"

taehyung grabbed the knife tighter.

"oh...i see...." the vampire grinned and suddenly flashed forward again. but this time taehyung didn't freeze. He stepped back and swung the knife at the shadow that was coming towards him. Just before he was going to hit something the vampire grabbed his wrist, the knife a few inches from his neck. "see, it's not that hard"

"stop talking" taehyung hissed at the other and started to attack. This was his chance. Taehyung didn't know where the confidence came from but he started to fight like his life depended on it, which it kind of did.

"you've been practicing" the vampire kept talking during the fight, easily blocking and dodging taehyung's attacks. but he didn't hurt taehyung even once, it was almost mockingly for the hunter. "you are good.....but" taehyung was suddenly knocked over and fell on his back with a thud. the vampire hovered on top of him, pinning his hands above his head with a grin that showed his sharp fangs. "not good enough."

"Let me go," Taehyung demanded, trying to wiggle free. "i will kill you!"

"oh will you now?" the vampire chuckled "do it then" the vampire grabbed the hand that held the knife and put the tip against his neck. "cut my neck off, do what you have to do, Taehyung"

Taehyung stared at the vampire before his eyes moved to the knife in his hand that was pointing at the vampire's neck. He could do it, he could kill him right here and now and get his ticket into the organization. Taehyung knew that but his hand didn't move. it started to tremble a little not doing what he should be doing.

"I know you're scared" the vampire said, his voice now more serious. "you should not think long of it, if you keep thinking like that you will never be able to fight any of us. your fathers knows it and uses it against you. you have to see that"

Taehyung looked at the vampire. How did he know? How did he know about his father? what was about this vampire?

"you're not ready," the vampire sighed and stood up, releasing the boy from his hold. He swatted the sand off his jacket before walking away, but he stopped and turned around looking at the hunter that now sat on the ground staring at the knife in his hand. "My name is Jeon Jungkook, remember it when we meet again"

"i will kill you"

"i will look forward to it. '' Jungkook grinned and walked away, his figure disappearing in the shadows.

---

thank you for reading see you in the next chapter!

🌼🌼🌼