4: snooping

"Your training is done for today, go enjoy your weekend"

"It's monday Joon," Taehyung chuckled while wiping the sweat off his face.

"you know what i mean" namjoon collected the supplies they used and put them in the crate he brought them with. He let out a sigh and looked at Taehyung. "Tae, I still think you shouldn't do this, you are not showing much progress lately. you're not going to make it like this"

"i've made my choice" taehyung frowned and grabbed his bag. "Just do what you need to do. I am not changing my mind. this is the only way"

Namjoon sighed again and watched Taehyung walk off back to the building. clearly bothered by what he just said to him.

Back to Taehyung who was inside his personal room again. He dropped his bag on the ground and kicked it under his bed changing his sweaty shirt for a new clean one. He didn't have time to wash himself calmly. He had to go. He had to find out something important. In a rush he left his room locking the door with his key and made his way out of the building avoiding his father who he saw walking nearby in the other hallway. he rather not see him.

After successfully leaving the building without being seen or called back for report he headed into the dark city. walking under the dim street lights that didn't quite do a good job in lighting up the street. Luckily wearing a hunter patch on his jacket made him get into trouble less. normal people saw him like a police officer, someone that will protect them from the evil vampires. Taehyung would only get into trouble with vampires who wouldn't waste a chance to kill oa hunter. Well it depends on the vampire, if you bump into the more evil ones or a peaceful one that just lives under the humans.

Taehyung unzipped his jacket as he entered the night bar. It was full of other hunters and a few regular citizens. Taehyung looked around searching for the right people to approach. There was a group playing cards in the middle table, at the bar sat a few regular humans...not really his target here. So Taehyung skipped both groups and went for the ones sitting at the back talking softly. Taehyung really wasn't a confident person. but he had to put up an act to get something. Then he can go cry about how scared he was if he's in bed at night. Same as today. he took a few deep breaths and calmed his racing heart and stress meter that was rising. When he felt relaxed he took the folded photo from his pocket and placed it on the table looking at the men that stopped their conversation and glanced at whatever the new face had placed on their table.

"What is this young one?" The oldest looking of the group of hunters said. he sipped his beer and looked at Taehyung wanting the information on his question.

"This is the vampire I have set my mark on. and i want to find information about him. Do you know anything about him?"

"Of course we know him, his name is not unfamiliar among the hunters, boy," the bearded man chuckled. He was not from here, clearly a foreigner seeing the big brown eyes, grey beard and strong muscles on his body. He was experienced, you could tell.

"Tell me what you know"

"Well, a friend of ours had tried to kill him once."

"really?" Taehyung asked interested and he pulled a chair to the table, joining the group at the table.

"He's dead of course. no one ever managed to get out of his grasp alive. That vampire is something else I tell you. We've read books about vampires and their nature. They live under one leader, someone that is above the others...." the bearded man spoke. He leaned forward as if telling a campfire story. "we think he is some kind of special vampire, maybe he is their leader? like...their king"

Taehyung's eyes widened and he tilted his head at the man. "you think so?"

"It's just a thought. that he isn't normal is for sure. No other vampire we've seen or fought with fights like him. Jeon is too fast, he is abnormally fast. We barely even see him when he moves. it's impossible to get to him. I have fought him once and got out alive, he seems to just know everything I was going to do. It was frustrating."