29: his choice

Jungkook didn't reply, he just opened his eyes and stared at the dark forest in front of him. He had smelled the hunters from afar, he knew they were here. He knew they were not friendly.

But Jungkook didn't move.

He just waited for the hunters to jump out and charge at him. An arrow hit him in the leg making him fall down followed by three hunters who pinned him to the ground chaining his arms together. He just stared ahead, Taehyung now in view. But the human avoided eye contact and just looked at his father's shoes. Yongsun stood now next to Taehyung with an arm around him and a big grin on his face as he watched his men chain Jungkook up.

"You've done well my boy, it's okay. You made the right decision. There is no need to feel sad, '' Yongsun said, looking at taehyung. Who was clearly feeling guilty all over, he wasn't able to look at Jungkook. "its for the best. Now...Shall we go home, together?"

"home..." Taehyung could feel his mothers arms around him. His fathers hands brushing his hair when he shows him a painting. Times where they were a happy family. No vampires to corrupt Yongsun's mind into an obsession.

Yongsun took Taehyung's arm and began walking. His men force Jungkook to follow while holding the chains with multiple men. The wound in the vampire's leg didn't heal, it was poison making him unable to heal himself and he almost fell back down.

"Get up!" a hunter shouted, hitting the vampire with the back of his crossbow.

"don't hurt him...." Taehyung said before he could think. Immediately when the raven turned his head he looked away and caught up to his father. Pretending he never said anything.

"I'm glad you're back Taehyung," Yongsun smiled and wrapped an arm around Taehyung's shoulder.

-

"They are out for quite a while," Yoongi said late at night when he stared out of the window.

"Knowing Jungkook it's not strange, he's always out a night, well before the human"

"that's what i mean. Taehyung can't stay awake that long right? He gotta sleep, hes human"

"well yes. But humans can stay awake too, don't think of it too much. I'm sure they are just extending their date a little longer. Come cuddle with me, we have all the privacy right now"

Yoongi smiled. He would love some cuddles. But deep down he felt something was off. And he can tell Jimin felt it too.

Both didn't know what was wrong, and that at the same time Taehyung stood in front of his father back at the base.

"There is much to be done and to discuss, son," Yongsun said. They have returned to the hunter's base. "But for now take some rest, we will need you in a few hours to complete the task that we worked for for so long."

"and Jungkook, wher-'' Taehyung didn't get a chance to finish the sentence and his father already interrupted him.

"He is being taken care of, don't worry. you will see him again very soon, now go go. i will come get you later" his father turned around and walked to the table where he bent down over a book.

Taehyung waited for a few seconds, staring at his father. Why didn't it feel better? he didn't feel at ease here... this wasn't right, this is wrong. But his father said everything would be better..... Taehyung shook his head. All these things gave him a headache, he will sleep a few hours like Yongsun said. Maybe it will be better tomorrow.

On his way to his old bedroom he bumped into Namjoon.

"Taehyung! oh my you're actually here, how are you. Are you alright? it's been so long since you ran off"