Chapter 11: Meeting

The next morning I woke up earlier than usual. I walked outside alone, since none of the boys were up, in my pajamas getting breakfast. I got some fresh strawberries and walked into the bus. Everything seemed quiet, getting on my bed I let my feet hang over the side. I had gotten a water bottle and I opened it. It was fast, so fast in fact that I had water dripping all over me. I looked around, searching for something to dry off with. Seconds later, I had a tail. I had made such a mess and was so loud that the Harry was starting to wake up.

Seconds later, my tail flopped in the air over Liam's head. "Oh no, my tail," I gasped in shock, I should've been more careful.

Harry sat up in his bed, "What's wrong?" I glanced at my tail, "Oh, I'll get something to help you dry off."

"That would be very helpful, thank you Harry." I said, smiling.

Soon Harry came back with the towels and I rubbed my tail and I soon had my legs back. I finished eating my spilled breakfast while the rest of the boys got up. How had they not heard me earlier, I had made such a loud noise.

"Hey, Jessie, how are ya? Are you excited for Scotland?" Louis asked, happily.

I laughed, "I can't wait, and I have always wanted to visit Scotland. They wear the kilts and play bagpipes. That's pretty neat."

Louis smiled, "Yeah, my stepfather loves bagpipes and has always wanted to visit. In a way, I'm fulfilling a dream for him. But I can't stand the sound of the bagpipes."

I laughed, "I can't stand them either to tell you the truth."

Suddenly the bus started to move and we were off. I went to the window and looked outside and saw the background changing. It was no longer city buildings but, green hills and enormous mountains.

"Louis," I gasped, "It's beautiful."

He came over to the window. "It is isn't it?"

Louis started to beam; I glanced at him, "What's up, Lou? You look very happy. Is there something I should know about?"

"No," Louis said, gladly. "Eleanor is coming to meet me at the Stadium. I'm just really excited."

"That's fantastic! I can't wait to meet her. I mean, the way you talk about her makes her sound like the sweetest person ever."

"Oh, she is. She's the best."

I playfully pouted and Louis laughed, "Besides you of course."

"She's at Uni, right?" I asked, "That's where I would be if I wasn't here."

Louis smiled, "Yeah, I can't wait to see her, it's been so long."

"Awww..." I cooed, "That's adorable."

Louis shrugged, "I guess it's cute. I'll be seeing her tomorrow at the airport. I absolutely cannot wait."

Emma's Pov

I had recently come back home to visit my parents and Cleo had invited me to come to the café with her. I walked in and it seemed different from the last time I had seen it. It just had a different mood about it. It had probably been because Rikki had left and had stopped working on the Café with Zane.

There was a new singer on the stage, she wasn't as good as Bella or Jessica and people were dancing happily. It could've been because it was so close to Valentine's Day. The red heart shaped balloons filled the air and they swayed with soft wind in the café. My thought quickly turned to Ash, my boyfriend, he was in England at Uni, and he had left previous to my leaving Australia for my family's holiday.

Cleo and I sat at the back table looking on the scene in despair. Things had totally changed. I just couldn't believe it, everything was changing so drastically. Suddenly, Cleo looked toward the door of the Café. She studied the boy who had entered.

She pointed, slightly at him, "That's him."

I glanced at the boy, "Who is that? I don't think I've seen him around here."

"He's the merman. We need to go talk to him." Cleo stammered.

"Wouldn't that be dangerous? And besides, we don't want to make a scene, do we?" He looked at us. "You don't think he'd recognise you, right?"

"I don't know, we were underwater and Bella and I swam away really quickly. I don't think he would."

Suddenly, the boy walked over to us. "Excuse me, miss?" He glanced at Cleo. "May I talk to you outside?"

Cleo stood up, nervously, "Umm, sure."

"Want me to come with you, Cleo?" I asked, unsure if she would be safe.

"I'm fine, Emma but, thanks." She said as she walked outside.

Cleo's Pov

"Yeah, what's up... um...?" I said, fishing for his name.

"My name is Curtis. And you are, Cleo?" He asked, smiling.

I nodded, "So, Curtis, what would you like to ask me or tell me or whatever it is you are going to do." I said, sternly.

"I saw you the other day swimming, you were a mermaid."

I glared at him, "Yeah, and I saw you with a trident."

"Yeah, I don't mean to hurt you, I need to know what to do with the trident. I just was swimming and happened on it."

"So, you're not trouble?" I asked.

"No, why would you think I was trouble. Was it the trident?" He laughed awkwardly.

"Yeah, you could say that." I laughed, comfortably. "So, you're a merman? That's amazing."

"Yeah, well, you're a mermaid. That's pretty cool. What do I do with the trident? I mean, I don't necessarily hate it, I just don't want it sitting around at home."

"Okay, we'll have to talk more about this. Is it okay if I tell my friend?" I asked, hoping for a yes. "We won't tell anyone your secret. I personally promise."

He smiled, "Thanks Cleo, I'll keep your secrets too."

We exchanged contacting information and I walked back inside to see Emma talking to Zane Bennet. She had a look of disdain on her face. She was probably annoyed as ever at him because she had just learned about how Rikki's breakup went down. I glanced at her and she caught my gaze. She stood up and quickly walked to me.

"So?" She said, "What happened..."