Chapter 14 : Concert Time

Jessica's Pov

The next day, I woke up slowly, savoring the time. I yawned and wiped the sleep out of my eyes finding that the boys had already gotten up and left for breakfast. I leaned up and almost bumped my head. I quickly got off the bunk and located my clothes. I threw some on and went outside. Remembering my hair was a mess, I went back inside and ran a brush through it. I walked out again and saw a gaggle of security rushing past. Oh, the joys of the day of a concert!

I soon found myself in the breakfast trailer. The boys were in a corner chatting amongst themselves. I smiled at Niall, who was across the room, as I picked up a cinnamon roll. After I got my silverware I sat by the stylists. We chatted about the show and that it was the second in that city. The stylists really only fluffed the boys hair before they pranced onstage. I usually tried to put a dress on when I performed. Our concert style was different.

I continued chattering long after I finished my food. The boys had made their way to the stadium for a sound check. I soon followed with the stylists. Niall found me and hugged me, "Jessica," he exclaimed, "there you are!"

I smiled, as we heard it was time for the sound check.

Hopping onstage, I took a microphone. The intro of a song began as I began to vocalize. Dancing across the stage, I smiled. The tour director had me fix a few errors in my performance and after a few moments, I was on my way.

Niall ran up to me as he went upon the stage. "You did great," he whispered. He had a bottle of some kind in his hand. "This is for you." He handed me the bottle. It was a perfume the boys had created. It was yet to come out to the public. I smiled as I hugged him, "Thank you, Ni."

"You're welcome, love," Niall called as he climbed onstage. The boys began to sing 'Half a Heart'. I smiled because it was my favorite song. The intor of the song began to play slowly as Liam began to sing,

"So your friend's been telling me

You've been sleeping with my sweater

And that you can't stop missing me

Bet my friend's been telling you

I'm not doing much better

'Cause I'm missing half of me..."

After sound check--Niall sat down his guitar-- I rushed over to Niall onstage. "So," Niall began, "are you going to wear that perfume tonight?"

I laughed, "Of course, love."

He chuckled, "That's good." Niall and I began to walk back to the bus. Giggling, I lay on my bunk while he looked in the refrigerator.

"What's so funny, Jessie?" Niall asked.

"You and that fridge." I replied.

He smiled, "Jessie."

"What?"

"I want Jell-O." Niall said, as he hurriedly looked through the fridge.

"Don't we have any?" I asked, looking at him.

"No," Niall said, sarcastically sadly.

"Hey, I have an idea." I got up off of my bed and looked in the fridge. I picked up some juice--Niall's favorite--and poured it into a cup. I quickly waved my hand over it using my power.

It had turned into a jelly like substance. I looked over it quickly. It did indeed look like Jell-O. I put a spoon in it and gave it to Niall.

"Wow," Niall said as he glanced into the cup. "How did you do that?"

"Mermaid powers," I giggled. "Now, how's that taste?"

He took some of the jelly and put some in his mouth.

"I think you created a new dessert," Niall smiled.

"Glad you like it!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hours after I made Niall jelly the concert was about to begin. I was in my show outfit. I sprayed some of the perfume on before the performance began. I sneezed not used to the scent yet. The crowd screamed with joy as I walked out onstage. A water bottle sat beside me as I danced to the beginning of the song. Suddenly, I let out a sneeze. I blushed but, continued to sing. I let out a few more sneezes and then during the chorus I had to stop. I let out a big sneeze and the lid of the water bottle beside me popped off and jelly started to ooze out of it. I gasped, slightly shocked at what had happened! My powers were going crazy and I didn't know why!! The audience fell quiet and began to murmur. I finished the song quickly and raced backstage. What had gone wrong?!

Shortly after I left the stage the boys went on. They lads had made up a story of how they had decided to prank me. The crowd laughed it off not knowing the real truth. Why was I sneezing and whey was it affecting my powers?!