Chapter 22 : Confirmation

Jessica's POV:

"I don't understand why nothing came up about that comet, Jessica." Niall began as we walked to the hotel.

"I know," I stammered, "it's totally frustrating." I sighed as we got into the lobby. I braced myself for fanatic fans and photographers as we entered. I was starting to understand that this was a regular thing.

Niall and I brushed past flashes from cameras and endless questions then got into the elevator. I stayed quiet until we were in the there then I spoke, "Sometimes I wish the paparazzi would leave us alone. I hate being hounded by them with their personal questions and cameras."

Niall put on a brave face, "I feel the same way, especially when they showed at Greg's wedding."

"Yeah," was all I said as we went up to our floor. I remembered a while ago when Niall told me about his brothers wedding. He felt like he had ruined it because of the people that came to see him while the day should have focused Greg and his wife. Niall was told that it wasn't his fault but, he still felt badly.

The elevator dinged quietly and as we walked outside into quiet the hallway as we went to find our suite. I gazed at Niall who still had the somber look painted on his face. "Niall," I whispered, "Are you okay?"

He seemed to perk up at the sound of my voice. A smile crossed his lips as he began to answer, "Yeah, I was just thinking about Greg and his wedding."

I took his hand as we found our suite and we walked inside. I tried to keep my thoughts clear of the comet but, it proved impossible. I lay on my bed as I sighed in slight frustration. This whole comet thing was crazy.

Niall walked in and saw the frustrated gaze on my face. Sitting next to me he sat down and I sat up, looking at him.

"Is the comet still bugging you, Princess?" He asked me.

"Yeah, it is." I stammered, "We don't know when it's going to come so, I have to sit here and wait. It's driving me crazy."

"Yeah, maybe you'll just know when it's coming, like comet-e.s.p."

"Comet-e.s.p?" I giggled. The ends of my lips turned upwards as a smile crossed my face. Niall began laughed with me.

~~~~~~~

That evening before the concert, crowds began streaming in as the Boys and I waited backstage. I looked out into the crowd as the minutes to perform grew nearer.

I walked toward a mini fridge to grab a water bottle when suddenly it began to creak, inching closer to me. I looked at it nervously as I slowly backed away hoping it would stop. It moved faster. What on earth? I thought. Turning quickly I bolted in the opposite direction not chancing any water splashing me.

I sat down on a couch, trying to calm myself. Maybe it's a sign of the comet.

I took a moment to think of why this was a sufficient clue. Cleo had told me that water tentacle appeared the same way the first time as a sign previous comet, for example.

While I was lost in thought I was tapped by a stage hand letting me know it was time for the show to start.

I smiled as I took my microphone and hopped onstage. I gushed with happiness as I looked into the crowd, "Hello Ireland! How are you doing tonight?!" I asked. The crowd screamed back happily. "Good! Now I'm going to sing you a little song, my friend Bella and her Band wrote," Even more happy screams followed. A short intro played as I sang a Bella original.

As I walked in the back, Niall and I switched microphones while he strode out onstage. My eyes felt heavy as I set out to find the couch from before. I found it and I let myself slip off sleep.

The same dream from the night before replayed in my head as I slept. Now, I knew, for one reason or another, when the comet was going to come. It was going to be tomorrow night.