Chapter 23 : Today

Waves crashed close to our feet as Niall and I walked overlooking the sunset the next day on the beautiful Irish shoreline.

"I can't believe the comet is going to come tonight," I said looking out at the sea then the stars above me. I knew somewhere up there was a comet, a fireball, was coming towards earth and I, with the forces of Mako Island, would help save it.

Niall let a concerned look cross his face. "I hope you are safe, Jess. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"No, don't think like that," I said and caressed his cheek, "I'll be okay. Nothing bad will happen, I promise." The truth was I didn't know what would happen. I wanted to lesson Nialls fears, (and my fears).

A few minutes later, we sat on the beach watching and listening to the crashing waves. Sitting silent, I knew I had to find the island in my dream.

"I should go," I said, "The world needs saving." I leaned over and kissed Niall on the cheek and dove into the waves.

The ocean glowed brilliantly under the moonlight. Fish swam around me as I searched in almost unrecognizable ocean. I turned a corner and found the spot of my dream. It looked familiar and i somehow knew where to go. I flipped my fin and torpedoed into the other moon pool.

The moon pool here was dimly lit with only moonlight cascading down into the water. I swam to the edge and looked above me at the moon. It was almost directly above the pool. It's almost time.

I let a smile cross my lips while the moon moved closer. I had to wait just a bit longer.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

The half moon was directly over my head as I moved to the center of the pool. I knew I had to create, what Cleo had described, a tower of light.

Lifting up both my hands I focused on creating tower of light around me. I looked above me as a single water tentacle in the pool rose. It grew taller and taller until it reached the base of the open circle above me.

It became louder and louder as the energy from the water grew. Water splashed my face as I sank. I lifted myself up and continued, focusing on success.

The energy grew stronger as the water circled around me becoming a tall wall of water. It made me feel claustrophobic when I thought about it. I panted, keeping my focus on the water wall around me, hoping that I could save the world.

The tower of light was still growing taller until it went through the hole in the top of the pool. Electricity zapped through it as, what I thought, it connected with the energy that was being created in Australia.

I could feel the comet push down harder on me. I knew it was working because of the concentratiom of electricity going through the tower of light. It seemed to last hours as I helped push away the comet. Everyone was safe. That's all that mattered.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Taylor's POV:

I torpedoed through the water, as I swam to the moon pool. I was anxious about the comet and scared about what might happen. The water around me was a dark colour because of the red walls surrounding the pool.

The trident was laid against the wall just the way we had left it. I lifted myself out of the pool and dried off. Curtis was supposed to be here soon. I took off my blue necklace and held it in my hand, curious of it's power. I knew it had power but, before I saw the vision I didn't know it was that powerful.

Suddenly, the water moved as I saw that Curtis had arrived. He lit up when he saw me, "Taylor, I'm glad to see you."

I grinned at him, giggling. "It's great to see you too." I looked into the pool, noticing the moon was almost directly above it.

"The moon is almost here. It's almost time to save the world," he said super dramatically; it was almost sarcastic.

I stepped backwards laughing, "Hey, don't be so dramatic."

"This is dramatic, Tay." He replied, "We don't know what will happen. We think we know and it might be different we expected."

"I know. I want it to turn out well, too." I grinned, looking him in the eyes, "I know we'll be okay."

I jumped into the pool, placing my necklace on the side, knowing I'd need it later. Curtis lifted his hand as, to my amazement, the trident floated slowly, and delicately into his hand.

Curt and I looked up at the cone and the moon was exactly in the center of the moon pool.

I lifted my hand, focusing on creating a wall of water to surround us. I closed my eyes picturing what I had to do.

Suddenly, I felt bubbles and heard what I thought was a whooshing sound. I opened my eyes to find that water had encircled us. My necklace crystal glimmered as the water was almost to the top of the cone.

Electricity zapped through it as Curtis raised the trident. He pulled himself up trying to get the most power of the trident. He panted as we worked together allowing our powers to do the same.

The energy became stronger as I felt a different kind of energy join it. I knew it had to be the energy I had seen from Europe in the vision.

The Trident's electricity became stronger as Curtis and I sensed that the comet was near. We used our powers with all our strength as we pushed the comet away from Earth.

There was one final blast of power before it was over. We sank into the moon pool and it was over.