Chapter 29 : Farewells

Jessica's POV:

The sun shown brightly in my room as I woke up the next day. I wiped the sleep out of my eyes as I looked out the window over the gold coast. I still couldn't believe I was back home. I got changed and walked out in the hall, waiting for Niall to leave his room so that we could get breakfast together.

He came out moments later. "Good morning, Jessica," Niall grinned as he kissed me on the cheek.

I smiled back at him, "Hey. Where do you want to go for breakfast?"

He thought a moment as we walked towards the lifts. He took my hand as we entered one, "Yesterday, I saw a seafood restaurant. What do you think about that?"

I nodded, "That sounds great. Where's it at?"

"Next door," Niall told me, with a sly smile. "Not too far, eh?"

I laughed, "Not at all." The lift doors opened and dozens of fans confronted us. They screamed, happily, begging us for photos and autographs.

Niall and I just pushed through the crowd. We waved to them as we left, smiling, letting them know that we thought of them. We just didn't have time to pause.

We walked out of the hotel, briskly, making our way to a small building next door. It was slightly fancy. We walked up to the cash register. A waitress greeted us and we were seated within moments.

As we sat at the table, Niall looked over the menu with great consideration as if he was making an important life decision. I knew he took food very seriously.

After a few minutes, a waitress came to take our order. I ordered Belgian waffles while, Niall ordered french toast with strawberries.

"When's the party again?" Niall asked me with a smile.

I looked up, trying to visualize the schedule. "It's at noon, Ni. What should we do in the meantime?"

"I don't know. Maybe we could get back to the hotel and watch Netflix." He was adorable. "Unless you have a better idea."

"We could walk on the beach," I told him, "Unless you have your heart set on Netflix."

"I think the beach sounds great." He smiled.

--

After we finished breakfast, Niall and I walked towards the beach. After we turned onto the sand from the sidewalk, I got excited. It was such a long time since I had done this.

Niall noticed my excitement, "Happy?" He questioned, knowing the answer.

"Yes," I said. "It's been so long since I've done this."

We walked close to the waves but, not too close. "This is great. Maybe I should listen to you more often, Jess."

I giggled as we walked up and down the beach, looking towards the waves and out towards Mako Island where we would meet in a few hours.

--

An hour later, sometime around eleven, Niall was curious about how he would get to mystical Mako Island. Swimming, for one reason or another, was out of the question.  Would he rent a boat, risking my secret? Would he find a boat to borrow? He questioned these things out loud as I told him an answer. Maybe Lewis could take him?

"Lewis can do it, possibly," I promptly told him.

He gave me a questioning gaze, "Lewis?" It was then that I remembered he hadn't met Lewis.

"Lewis is Cleo's boyfriend. He may be able to lend us his boat." I have him a comforting smile. "Let me just call him."

"Definitely," Niall said.