Chapter 4 : Party

The next day, the lads decide to throw me a party. I smiled as Niall led me to the back of the house, covering my eyes. I giggled as Niall took away his fingers. A pool. I looked around to find the other boys eating cake. I laughed but, quickly turned to Niall, "I can't go swimming in front of them." I whispered.

"I know but, you can sit on the edge and eat cake, okay?" Niall smiled, gently motioning toward the cake.

"Okay," I blushed.

I walked over carefully, avoiding wet spots. I sat next to Niall and he gave me a plate piled with cake, "For you, my princess." He smiled.

Harry ran and jumped into the pool. "I'm here!" he yelled. I pulled back trying not to get splashed on. "Harry, wait for me!" Louis called as he jumped in behind Harry. I laughed almost getting wet. Liam came over, "Do you want to jump in the pool with me?"

I smiled, not wanting to hurt his feelings. "I'm sorry but, I can't." Liam looked at me funny, "I mean I'm scared of water."

Liam laughed, "I can help you get over this fear of yours. We could jump in together."

"I will later," I pulled more cake toward me, "after some cake."

Liam laughed and jumped in. Harry and Louis started to play water volleyball and splashed around. Zayn got up and started to make his way toward the entrance of the pool. I stood up to see if I could watch the game when all of a sudden Zayn accidently fell into the pool and I fell in with him...

My legs faded as I grew a tail. I closed my eyes not wanting to see Zayns reaction. I pulled my head above the water, hearing Zayn apologise. Niall ran over to the edge of the pool, "Jesse, are you okay?!"

"I think so." I said, rubbing my hair so it wasn't in front of my face.

"She's a mermaid?!" Harry said, slowly.

"Boys, come over here." Niall said, as all the boys swam to the side.

Niall's Pov

"Boys, I need to tell you something very important!" I looked at them all, carefully. "You now all now that Jessica is a mermaid."

The boys nodded, wide eyed.

"That is very clear, right? We need to keep this a secret. We can't show this to other people, okay? That wouldn't be good for her if we did. She would be an exhibit at the aquarium or something."

"Yeah boys!" Harry added, smiling. "We should protect Jessie from water especially when the paparazzi are around."

The rest of the boys nodded.

"Everyone keeping the secret, put your hand in the air." I said, shooting my hand in the air. Liam raised his hand, then Harry, then the other two boys copied. I smiled, this is great.

Jessie's Pov

I waited for a few minutes as Niall spoke to the boys.

After a few minutes, Harry came to me, "All the boys agreed that they'll keep the secret. I will for sure. Being a mermaid, you know, can you show us how you swim underwater?"

I laughed as I dove underwater...