Chapter 13 : Close Encounters

Jessica's Pov

The next morning, I had woken up early. Tonight there was no show so, I was somewhat free to do what I wanted. I yawned looking across the inside of the bus. The boys were asleep but, Niall began to wake up. I looked across at him. He smiled as he wiped the sleep from his eyes and yawned.

After I got up, I took a bath and got changed. I walked out and saw Niall and the rest of the boys up and they each carried their breakfasts. Bowls of cereal and assorted flavours of juice were seen in the bus. Niall had two bowls of cereal with him. I assumed one was for me. I walked down the hall and Niall stopped me and gave me the other bowl that he had in his hands.

I giggled, "Thanks so much." He nodded digging into his food. We sat next to each other and discussed the tour so far. It had been an amazing experience so far. The fans had responded well to me, even though they had not known about Niall and I dating as they didn't see us out much together. Niall and I had been rushed so much with the tour. There was almost no time for just me and him a lot of the time. And Niall didn't want me to be crowded by paparazzi and fans. I knew he did that because he cared.

We talked a great deal about the fun we had with the other boys, though. They were always so full of energy. Louis was like on a sugar high all of the time even though fame had changed him somewhat. He smiled less often. That was the thing with the most change. All the boys were full of energy but Liam and Paul often kept them in order. Paul was mostly the one because Liam often joined the boys in their mischief.

Today, I knew Niall wanted to have a date alone with me. After breakfast, Niall and I walked outside the bus. Instantly there were sounds of aweing and screaming. I looked and saw hundreds of fans. Niall waved and I smiled. He honestly loved them all and would do anything for them. We continued and walked to the security department of the buses. Niall walked in for a moment and soon came out with a body guard. He smiled and the body guard grinned with seriousness.

"Are we going around town?" I asked, noting the body guard following us. He wore a black suit and sunglasses.

Niall nodded, "Yeah, I think we should go to lunch." He grinned that adorable grin and took my hand. "Jessie, this is the one of the only days we'll have together. Where do you want to go, love?"

"Hmmmm..." I uttered, at a loss for words being put on the spot, "How about we decide together in town. How's that sound, Nialler?"

He nodded and smiled noticeably as we continued to go. After a few moments, we were in the centre of town. There was a huge shopping block filled with shops unknown to Niall and me. It was a rather large building and had restaurants poking out the sides.

I soon began to see nothing but endless people surrounding us. The area seemed to be filled with teenagers, not regular teens but, fangirls. They had their phones and began taking photos and videos of us. The body guard with us pushed them away. I began to think of my poor Niall. I knew he had an extreme case of claustrophobia. I felt his hand tighten around mine, the people around us caving in. The body guard, after a few minutes, got the girls away from us at a decent distance.

"Niall, are you okay?" I asked, as we went into the shopping centre with the body guard.

He looked at me, his eyes wide still full of fright from the encounter. "I am now." His expression began to calm down. "That was quite close," he stammered.

"It was indeed." I said, hugging him lightly helping him feel better. We were soon in the food court. It was lined up with different restaurants. Some were local to the area and others, like McDonald's, were international.

There was a semi fancy local restaurant in the corner. It wasn't out in public so Niall and I agreed on it. We walked over with the body guard. He stayed close behind us but not too close. As we entered the restaurant, we got a table rather quickly. The table was well in the back where no one would but us. The body guard waited at the front of the restaurant for us. It was so nice to be alone, away from the fans and the boys, at least for a little while.