Chapter 18 : Moonlight Madness

Jessica's Pov:

The last day in Scotland had finally come. Days filled with mermaid magic and singing filled the air as the dates here had finally ended. I sat in the tour bus looking at a calendar. A full moon was tonight and I had to be prepared.

"Niall," I said, as Niall walked into the bus. "There's a full moon tonight. I need to be careful."

"Why do you need to be careful. It's just the moon." He smiled, cheekily, sitting next to me.

"The moon," I began, "It affects mermaids and their powers. I can turn into a completely different person from it's influence. You mustn't let me see it tonight."

"Alright. I promise." Niall grinned, kissing me on the cheek. "You know, since it's early enough we can go sightseeing."

I stood up and walked outside the bus with Niall following me. He took my hand and we walked into the city of Perth. Perth was a beautiful place and famous for its history. We walked around town admiring everything; even simple houses.

We walked into an art gallery and strolled past the artwork admiring them. After leaving the gallery, we headed back to the bus seeing the other boys heading to soundcheck. After getting a jacket, Niall and I followed behind them.

The stadium appeared bigger than usual and the setting sun sky shown in through the top. The sun was beginning to set as the colors shown gloriously in the sky. I smiled.

Jack, my manager, came over to speak to me as Niall went to join the rest of the boys. "Jess," he began, "Tonight's the last show in Scotland. Let's make the most of it." He smiled as we walked backstage. "Tonight the plan is to have you sing in the moonlight."

The moonlight? I thought. I can't possibly do that, it being a full moon and all. Niall had to convince him not to have me do this. There was no telling what I would do!

The boys finished soundcheck and I soon followed. Niall and I switched microphones. He started talking to Jack offstage.

I walked to the center of the stage and began to sing,

"I never saw what was coming at me

I didn't hear what was said

What I held in the palm of my hands

Was it just in my head

It never worked out that way

I thought that you meant to stay, yeah

But who am I before you start to run baby

Who am I to all I see..."

As I ended the song, Niall came up to me. "Jack said that he would let the moonlight in when the boys and I go onstage."

"Great," I smiled as I went back to the bus with him. "I'm glad that's sorted. Thank you, Nialler."

"No problem, Jessie." Niall smiled as he kissed me. We sat smiling until my watch beeped. The moon was now up.

I searched around the bus making sure I didn't miss anything I needed for the show. "You ready?" I asked. Niall nodded as we walked toward the Stadium. As long as I didn't look at the moon I would be okay. Suddenly I stopped, the power of the moon controlled me. I looked towards the full moon.

Niall's POV:

"Are you okay?" I asked Jessica as she fixed her eyes on the moon above her.

She smiled calmly, "Absolutely perfect." I let a smile cross my lips as we continued to the stadium.