Chapter 27 : Proposal

After practice, Taylor and I went to Mako Island while the boys and Lou watched Jon.

We sped through the water until we got to the reef surrounding the island. I paused glancing around the familiar place, taking it in as I remembered all that had happened the previous year.

I smiled as fish brushed past me, gliding through the water to where they wanted to go. Taylor motioned for me to go the moon pool. I nodded as I soon entered there.

The cave looked the same as it had months previous except that there was a slight hint of pink on the walls.

I gasped, happily, "It hasn't changed in the slightest." I floated in the center of the pool laying in the center as Taylor sat on the edge.

"Boy, am I glad you're back. Maybe we could have a party here tomorrow. It can be a welcome back and a goodbye party."

"Goodbye party?" I questioned, with a wondering tone.

"Yes," she simply said, "Cleo is leaving for America with Lewis. I thought she told you."

I frowned. She didn't. "I suppose we could. I can invite the boys."

"Great," Taylor continued, "I could introduce you to Curt at the party."

"That'd be awesome. Can I say something?" My tone turned serious. I just had to say something.

Taylor was silent, noticing the seriousness in my voice.

"I just feel like when I was gone, I unintentionally drifted apart from you." I swam and sat on the edge near my friend. I spoke, quickly, "I mean, I could've called more often, had more to do with you."

"Jess," she put her hand on my shoulder, "It's okay. You've been busy with the tour. I understand. I would've probably done the same thing."

"Really?" I asked, surprised at what she said.

"I would call you whenever I could like you did, Jessica. You don't have to regret anything from me." She gave me a small hug, "I don't think we've grown apart. You're still my best friend."

"And you are still mine. Nobody can replace you, Taylor." I smiled as I looked at the moon pool.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Later that evening, after coming back from Mako, it was time for me to go on. Taylor and Jon watched from behind the stage as I rushed up the steps onto it.

I looked up into the crowd and the night sky above them, beaming from ear to ear. I lifted the microphone to my lips and thanked the crowd for coming. They cheered in response as soft music began to play in the background.

I sang a sweet, Bella original, melody to the loud crowd. They quieted down as I ended with a high note. Cheers flooded the stadium as I stopped and looked into the crowd, embrassing their response.

I sang out another song and introduced the boys soon after. The crowd roared as the boys rushed out and I ran backstage. Niall gave me a grin as he took my microphone.

I stood by Taylor and danced with Jon as some of the most well-known One Direction songs played. Jon giggled and danced with Lou and the other stage hands. Everyone was filled with a new kind of energy when my little brother was around.

Taylor turned to me, "I really liked your songs, Jess. There Bella's, right?"

I grinned, "Yes. She was nice to let me use them on tour."

Suddenly, Lou tapped my shoulder, alerting me that Niall had invited me onto the stage. We hadn't done this in practice so, I was kind of surprised. Although, kind of was putting it lightly.