03

“ What was her name again ? ”

“ Kang Subin . Why ? You interested ? ”

“ No ! Heeseung can't be interested in her ! ”

Yeonjun sighed , giving Juhee a side glare before shoving a bread into her mouth .

“ Tell me , Heeseung . She got your attention , didn't she ? ”

Subin , in fact , didn't get any of Heeseung's attention. 

“ I'm leaving . Both of you stop being delusional , I don't feel anything for her . ” says Heeseung before leaving the the cafe .

There's this one thing Heeseung would always do before going back home , stopping by Jaeyun's statue . The statue was the only thing that could keep Heeseung feel alive , or dead . Depends on your point of view .

He sat by the statue , brushing of Jaeyun's name that would always be covered with dust .

“ Hey , I'm here again . It must be so awkward of you to just stand here everyday and have people admiring you , right ? Guess what ? I have someone admiring me everyday too . I'm not interested , of course . She's a child and I'm a 2500 years old demigod for heaven's sake . ”

Thank god that shops in town usually close before 7 , or else people would think that he's crazy for talking to a statue .

“ You know , I met a girl today . Her name was Kang Subin . She looked normal at first , but then I saw her pupils turning blue . I don't know , I might be crazy . She seems nice , though . ”

Heeseung saw Yeonjun and Juhee walking down the streets , making him quickly hide from his spot , or else Juhee would follow him around and won't go home .

The sight of Juhee made him smile . Such a lovely young lady with a bright smile and she's the town's favorite . Heeseung just can't understand what's not enough in Hueningkai that she's not fond of . That young man is a fine one , not to mention a big splash of mix genes in him . A masterpiece indeed .

She's blind for sure .

“ I have to go , Jaeyun . I'll come back tomor———  ” Heeseung stops talking mid-sentence , because he spot something underneath Jaeyun's statue .

A blue coloured liquid .

Not to mention , he's very familiar with the substance .

Heeseung tries not to panic , wiping the liquid away before anyone sees it . The citizens worked so hard rebuilding the city , and he's not going to let people from the past ruining it again .

He went home , feeling anxious about what he had encountered earlier . If the war happens again , Heeseung would be all alone .

No Jaeyun , no team , no one to fight with him .

Even if he did , his father would most definitely curse him again . This time , for revealing himself . Call it daddy issue , but Heeseung has always been beefing with his own father . Let's just say that his father is the worse father to ever exist .

“ Gosh , I hate that god-ass father so much . ” muttered Heeseung while trying to cook his dinner .

Heeseung came to work the next day . Looking pretty good for someone who hasn't slept for years . He spotted Yeonjun behind the station , with the woman from yesterday .

She's wearing their cafe's uniform .

“ Oh ! Good morning , Heeseung ! ” greeted Yeonjun .

“ Morning ...... What is she doing here ? ”

“ Who——— oh ! You mean Subin . She's our new crew . I just found out from my best friend that she used to work at his cafe , and was a great barista . So , I decided to recruit her as our new barista slash baker . ”

Yeonjun sounds so excited .

“ I'm sorry , Yeonjun . But don't you think she looks a bit shady ? ”

“ The only shady thing in here are your eyebags , Lee Heeseung . Plus , we need someone super friendly to be the waitress . ”

“ If you need someone super friendly , just hire Juhee . ”

“ My cafe , my way . Now , go change into your uniform . No one wants to see that fit body of yours . ”

Yeonjun being his manager is just something else .