SAVING HEESEUNG

“ What's the point of saving Heeseung if he's going to be dead ? ”

Heeseung hated himself , even from the very start of the story . Being a demigod disgusts him more . Why ? Because all he wanted was to be a normal human being . Being a demigod also means that he has to serve his father , as a soldier . In which , he never wanted to be in the first place . When bad things happen including 'killing' Jaeyun,he blamed himself and resented himself more than we could imagine . That's when his father puts the curse on him , it was for him to live a normal life without being in anyone's memories , but the weight of remembering everything had caused him pain .

So , he tried to commit suicide several times .

But then he met Subin .

He felt humane when they're together , because Subin treated him like someone normal . He , of course , didn't know that she knew everything about him , but that didn't change anything . They still stick together through thick and thin , that's when he realised that he's willing to protect and do anything to keep her safe .

That's something a demigod couldn't do , be and act like an actual human being , to feel things . Demigods would usually be proud of themselves and soon be blinded by ego , but not Heeseung .

The last time he activated his power was when he got attacked at Subin's apartment . As you can see , when he was fighting with the soldiers and was using his shield , the shield was supposed to come back even after it was thrown . It didn't , which means Heeseung was fighting them with his last strength as a demigod .

Does he know that he's going to die ?

He does .

He didn't even try to fight Jaeyun , he was just there to be Subin's emotional support .

Subin trying to kill herself was his last straw , showing that he's fully human by stabbing himself .

Heeseung's father did told them that she had saved Heeseung instead of killing him . Being lonely and dwelling in regrets might screw Heeseung in the head even more . With Subin and Yeonjun by his side , he's more than happy because Heeseung finally have reasons to continue living .

Had . He died , so.........WELP

Saving someone doesn't mean that they would live . Sometimes , saving that person from something is enough to free them .

“ How did he even turned human ? ”

Easy . Subin .

As I said , being a demigod is a menace because they would love themselves more than anything else , but Heeseung's love was all for Subin .

Also , he hated himself .

“ What about Taehyun ? Does he have the same power ? ”

Yes , but their father couldn't manage to turn him into who and what he wanted to because Taehyun has always been against their father .

Also , Heeseung was the first child . The first child usually suffers most .

“ Did Sunghoon and Subin ended up together ? ”

No , they didn't but Sunghoon was trying and Subin was willing to try .

“ So , Sunghoon bad or no ? ”

A little misguided , but he's not a bad person .

“ Was killing Heeseung off , your plan since the beginning ? ”

No , he was supposed to live .

“ HE WAS SUPPOSED TO LIVE ?! ”

Yeah , so was being in love with Subin . They were supposed to be platonic .

“ What happened to Jaeyun/Jake ? ”

We would never know * wink *

“ We would never— is that...... Is that a book 2 spoiler ? WE'RE GETTING A NEW BOOK ?! A SEQUEL ?! ”

What on earth are you talking about............?

Heh.