014

( Heeseung's POV )

Subin sat by the balcony , hasn't been moving since the evening . HYBE could've easily shot her from there , but Subin doesn't seem to care . Talking to her won't make her budge at this point .

Yeonjun made her a cup of tea earlier , out of worry that she might pass out from all the crying .

“ That's a poison tea , Yeonjun . All my teas are poisonous , to kill myself when I'm depressed . ”

Yeonjun threw the cup out of the balcony once he heard it was poisonous .

“ She's too fucked up in the head , and I need to throw those teas out . In fact , I need to throw everything out just in case she's trying to poison herself . ” he said before walking pass me .

Yeonjun had passed out on the couch , but Subin still didn't move an inch from the balcony , so I took my seat by her side . She looked so pale and her eyes were so red . Even so , she's so beautiful in my eyes .

I sneaked a hand around her waist , pulling her closer to me as her head fell on my shoulder . Subin snuggled closer towards me , hugging me by the waist as she started crying again .

“ It's okay . You can cry , cry all you want . I'll be here . ” I told her.

She's so fragile . People forgot all about me , but she was remembered . I've been suffering for years , but I don't think I can beat what she has been through .

The fact that she's still suffering .

Call me selfless , I just want her to have a happy ending . Spending time with her made me realised that she's much more important than myself , to the point where I would always put her first .

Not to mention , we met just a month ago .

“ I really am a monster , aren't I ? I can't change my past , the person who turned a bunch of soldiers into killing machines . I can't be a hero . ”

“ Hey , hey . No . That's not right . You're not a monster , Subin . What kind of monster that still have their conscience and held themselves accountable ? None . You're the only one and your pure intention of wanting to save the people proves it all . ”

Subin huffed , laughing . Probably at herself .

“ You're convincing me too much . I'm starting to think that I'm a good person . ”

“ You are . You're a very good person , Kang Subin . ” She's not listening to what I've said , it was clearly written on her face .

She had her laugh this morning . It's scary to know how your past could wipe every happiness you could own . She might not be able to laugh again because she's blaming herself too much .

I don't what has gotten into me , but I did it . I lifted her chin up so that she could face me with those beautiful hazel eyes , the work of art staring right into my own . I slowly close the gaps between , putting my lips on hers .

She's much more emotional than I thought she was . Subin cried again as soon as I kissed her , but I'm not complaining . Every move that I made between the lips , I could feel the despair in her , like she needed the kiss .

I need her too .

Subin was the first to pull away with our foreheads still leaning on each other's before going back to putting her head on my shoulder .

If this is the girl that would ruin my life , I would gladly let her .