026

“ Guess who graduated ?! ”

“ Congratulations , Hueningkai ! ”

It was a normal day in the cafe with them being busy as usual . Hueningkai stopped by the cafe , still in his suit and graduation cap , trying to impress everyone there that he had just graduated .

They , of course , were happy that the kid has finally finished high school but Juhee was being sulky .

“ But now I'm alone in school ! ”

“ You're going to graduate in two years time , Juhee . Get over it . ” said Yeonjun while handing Hueningkai his promised graduation drinks .

Juhee crossed her arms , bumping Hueningkai across the shoulder before walking away . Hueningkai laughed , shaking his head at his girlfriend's behavior but not going to go after her because Juhee would act like a brat if he does .

“ I should've stayed a super soldier than seeing you sulk every single day . ” scowled Sunghoon , who walked past Juhee at the door .

“ Hey , Sunghoon . ” greeted Subin .

Sunghoon smiled .

“ Hey , and congratulations for getting out of hell , kid . ” he gifted Hueningkai a plushie that he has been hiding from Juhee .

Hueningkai giggled at the sight of his new plushie , thanking Sunghoon by letting him have a sip of his graduation drinks .

“ Where's Taehyun — ”

“ I'm here . ” he popped out behind the counter .

“ What are you doing there ? ” asked Sunghoon .

“ I was trying to decorate Hueningkai's cookies . ”

“ Behind the counter? ”

“ Let him be , Sunghoon . ” Yeonjun argued .

Subin shook her head before going back to her station . Sunghoon saw Subin and went to the back to approach her , but not before he was stopped by Yeonjun .

“ Where are you going , young man ? ” he asked .

“ To your sister ? ”

Yeonjun had his eyes squinted .

“ I'm watching you . ” he gestured an ' I see you ' before letting him pass.

Sunghoon went to Subin's side , taking her cup away to tease her as he earned a side glare .

“ Sunghoon ! ”

“ What ? We're supposed to celebrate Hueningkai's graduation and you're back here exhausting yourself . ”

“ Yeah , because I'm still working and my shift is not over . ” Subin snatched the cup from his hand , proceeding to what she was supposed to do .

Sunghoon knew why she's behaving this way , and why she's so distant for the day .

One year .

Today marks one year after the incident , and also the loss of Heeseung .

They never really talk about what had happened a year ago , not even wanting to mention whatever had happened between them all . They could if they want to , but they were too traumatised by it .

They don't talk about Heeseung , no one would .

Some of them saw how Heeseung died , while everyone else saw Heeseung's body being walked down in Sunghoon's arms .

Subin had it worst , the reason why no one would talk about it anymore. 

Yeonjun heard her cries every night , sometimes nightmares . She can't sleep in peace , and everyone knew that she's still feeling guilty over his death . He had no choice but to send his sister for mental treatment and she has been seeing her therapist ever since .