07

“ How is he ? ”

“ Safe , currently sleeping . ”

“ Thank god ... ”

After the sudden incident , the trio had ran away into the woods , where it's safe for them to hide .

Also , Heeseung's house .

“ I have to go somewhere ” says Subin as she was standing up to leave .

“ What ? No ! You can't go out there by yourself , Kang Subin . They might be looking for us . ”

“ What do you mean by they might be ? They ARE looking for us and if I don't go now , they'll find us in no time . ”

Heeseung's grip on Subin's arms tightened with his eyes no longer being that doe ones .

“ Heeseung , I will be fine . I'll come back before dinner , I promise . ”

She's a stubborn one .

“ Fine . Go . But if I don't see you by dinner , I'll kill all of them myself . ”

“ You won't.  ”

“ Oh , trust me . I will , without hesitation . ”

Subin laughed , hugging Heeseung tight before leaving him and an unconcious Yeonjun .

He's worried , yes . He's very worried . No one in their right mind would walk back to the place where it almost costs their lives . Maybe the ceilings hit her head too hard , she's not even thinking straight anymore .

Heeseung takes turn between his study room and looking after Yeonjun . It has been hours and he's still not awake .

“ He's alive , isn't he ? ”

Yeonjun's finger moved .

“ Yup , he's alive . ”

Heeseung took his old planners out , the one from the previous war .

‘ HYBE ’

That was the one from their last battle . HYBE soldiers . As far he knew , HYBE is the worse association. From enslavements to to fatal experiments . Name it all , HYBE did it all .

Jaeyun was once a HYBE soldier too . Went on a mission in town to kill a refugee , but Heeseung was there before him . They started off badly as Jaeyun tried to kill him for getting into his way , which of course , he can't overpower Heeseung .

Knocked his head badly into the wall , Jaeyun woke up not remembering anything from the fight . Not even the fact that he tried to kill the demigod . It was a good new start for Jaeyun to redeem his past actions .

That's how he joined Heeseung .

Funny enough for Heeseung , there are times when he caught Jaeyun staring into the blank wall , shaking .

Heeseung suddenly furrowed his brows .

Staring into the blank wall .

Shaking violently .

“ Because they're not your soldiers , they're mine . ”

Does that mean Subin is .....

“ Heeseung ? ”

It was Subin , with more scars on her face .

She's getting more and more mysterious , yes , but Heeseung is so far more concerned about her coming back more scars and blood . Heeseung left his table to give Subin , who was standing at the door frame , a tight hug .

“ Oh my heaven , are you okay ? Why are you here again with more bruises and scars ? Why are you bleeding ? ” asked Heeseung as he was cupping her face , checking here and there for any other damages .

That's when ...... Subin bursts into tears .

“ Hey , hey . What's wrong ? Why are you crying ? ”

“ They are holding everyone captive and ....and....and.... I can't save them all but Juhee and Hueningkai . I shouldn't have ran away , I should just listen to them back then . I——— ”

“ Kang Subin . That is not your fault . Okay ? Everything could happen anytime . You saved Hueningkai and Juhee , that's good enough . We're going to save the rest together , but I need to know something . ”

Subin sniffed , “ What is it ? ”

Now or never .

“ Are you one of HYBE's soldiers ? ”

“ No . ”

“ Thank go——— ”

“ I'm their prized possession , HYBE's most successful experiment . ”

Expect the unexpected , but worse .