015

( Heeseung's POV )

I woke up in the middle of the night , panicked . I had this weird dream about Subin , where she died to save our lives by dodging bullets from a man . Could that man be the owner of initials 'PSH' , or was it just a dream ? I was scared because she might be doing the exact same thing from that dream .

The first thing I looked for when my eyes were opened was Subin .  She's still here sleeping on my lap , her eyebags being heavier than before . I gave her forehead a soft kiss before placing her head on a throw pillow as the replacement of my lap .

Yeonjun was nowhere to be seen .

I started wandering around the house , finally getting a closer look of the house's interior design . It's not actually surprising that the design was none existent , she was trapped in an empty room for over a decade .

I stopped infront of the broken hidden door , understanding that she might felt very safe in it but also curious of how those who had taken Hueningkai and Juhee would know .

It was beautiful , the space behind that bombed door . The room was simple , now messy , but simple . There were books everywhere , magazines , hell even newspapers . She's trying to keep up with the outside world , and I'm so proud of that .

Now I wonder how did she escaped from HYBE's basement .

There's even a study table at the corner of the room with a vase of dried sunflowers . I need to teach her about planting after this all ends .

I haven't had a sight of her rabbits yet , might be at the Huening's .

Took my way to the table and saw a big black file on it . I've seen this kind of file before , it was for a background check . Whose background that she has her eyes on ?

“ Yeonjun......? ” I gasped . Choi Yeonjun ? out of everyone in this town ?

She's not trying to assassinate that poor dude , right ?

I sat by the chair , flipping through the papers which has writings all over them .  She has all of his personal information , even records of Yeonjun's whereabouts for the past 2 years . His homes , his previous partners , his past jobs , they were all written in here .

“ What do you want from him , Subin ? ” I muttered under my breath .

There's nothing else suspicious other than this file .

“ Rabbits....... ” Yeonjun was born in 1999 , the year of rabbit .

If I were to think about it , Subin never gives a damn about herself . Even when the ceilings collapsed , she told me to prioritize Yeonjun . If anything happens , she would put Yeonjun first .

It could be that because we are nothing close to being ordinary , while Yeonjun couldn't even lift a sack of coffee beans .

“ She got those rabbits because they reminded her of someone she loved........She loved Yeonjun ?”

There's no way , right ?

She was taken at the age of 7 , no possibilities of them ever met before that . Maybe childhood friends , or lovers , but you wouldn't get so attached to them .

Unless .

“ Choi.......Subin...... ” I'm starting to sound crazy .

I left the room , trying to find Yeonjun anywhere outside without having to wake Subin up .

He was there , sitting legs crossed beside Subin .

“ Why ? Did something happened ? ” he asked .

Yeonjun seemed to have no idea of what's going on . He's really on board with us without knowing that she's looking out on him .

I moved forward to get closer , but stopped a few feet away just in case we wake Subin up .

“ Yeonjun , do you have a sister ? ”

He squinted his eyes , probably confused on the question .

“ Why ? ”

“ Just give me an answer . ”

Silence fell upon us both as I assumed that my assumptions were false .

Not until I saw Yeonjun smiling .

“ You found out , didn't you ? ”