Foreigner

Naïve- The Kooks

After we had all gathered our luggage and varying bags, I shared a hug with each of them individually and felt almost sad that I couldn't be with them any longer. We started in our different directions when Ashton turned and shouted "Don't forget to come see us in Sydney!" followed by a goofy smile.

I walked out the large sliding glass doors to be met by my temporary exchange parents.

A young married couple with a small son around the age of 7 by the names of Jenette, Jeremy, and Henry Vogel. Henry ran up to me and gave me a warm hug as soon as I got close enough. I've only been with them for a couple months, but Henry had really grown on me. I think he reminded me of Oliver.

"It's so good to see you!" Jenette exclaimed as she grabbed my roller and rubbed my arm as a welcome.

"I'm happy to see you all again too," I replied. I put my things into the trunk of the small Honda and climbed into the backseat next to Henry. I buckled up as Jeremy pulled out of the space and started to weave his way out of the airport.

The car ride was mostly just them asking questions about my family and my answering them.

Henry told me about his school and all of the fun end-of-the-year activities.

They told me what we were having for dinner. It was spaghetti.

I told them I was okay with that.

It was pretty unexciting, but at least they didn't treat me like a foreigner. It was nice to be accepted in a country that hadn't been yours for long.

---okay, sorry its short, but last one for tonight... much more tomorrow! thanks for reading, love you all :)