New Address

I took all of my bags and rollers into the single room attached to the side of the house that had been given to me. I kicked my sneakers off into the corner while simultaneously removing my sweater and replacing it with a loose tank top.

Never mind the jet lag getting to me, the stupid seasons are polar opposites.

Then I decided it would be a good idea to switch from jeans to shorts as well.

I wandered into the kitchen with one of my books I'd insisted upon bringing with me.

The Great Gastby today.

I took a seat on a stool with my elbows resting on the bar while Jenette stirred noodles in a large pot over the stove top. I noticed a small white envelope sitting a few inches away on the table top with my name on it. It looked like another movement notice from the Foreign Exchange Student program. I put my book down and picked up the letter. Jenette was eyeing me from the stove as I carefully tore open the flap and removed the folded paper from inside. I skimmed to the bottom of the page to find the address. Jenette spoke before I could read it.

“What is it, then?” It looked like she knew what it was and she seemed somewhat disappointed.

“It's a… Transfer notice,” I said cautiously. “It looks like I'll be moving again.”

“That's a shame,” she whispered. “I want you to know, we really love having you, Wren.” she smiled.

“You've been wonderful, I couldn't have asked for anything better.” I stood from my stool with the paper in my hand and walked over to give her a hug.

“When are you leaving?” she asked. I glanced back down at the document.

“It looks like they're giving me till the end of the school year,” I explained still reading the paper. “I'll be moving on the second day of summer break.” Though we only technically have a single day of school left.

“And where are you going this time?”

I felt my heart speed up with excitement when I finally found the new address. “530 OceanPark Drive, Sydney,” I replied through a suppressed grin.

“Why don't you go find out more about the area while I set the table and finish dinner. I'll call when it's ready.”

I hurried off to my room and closed the door before opening up my laptop and searching the address. It looked like a two story house that perched on a shallow cliff with a winding road leading down to the sandy coast. I pulled out my phone and saw a message from Luke.

Lukey: Hey :) Don't say anything, but Ashton won't shut up about u.

It was from just a few minutes ago, so I wrote back.