Questions

I sat on my bed watching AHS for the remainder of the time spent waiting to see Ashton and his family. It occurred to me that I wasn't really watching the show, so much as it was just backround noise for the thoughts storming my mind. I imagined sitting next to him, and meeting his siblings and parents, and laughing with all of them and honestly just seeing him. I thought of his smile and his eyes and his dimples and I blushed to myself. Then I thought about how incredibly cliché I am. Like all of the time. Then I thought about how incredibly awkward I am. Like all of the time.

This is how I like to think God created me: he poured four cups of bad luck, a dash of reckless behavior, a cup and a half of smarts, a sprinkle of sarcasm, three cups music, three cups art into a large bowl. Then, instead of nine cups of cute and skinny, he dumped ten cups of awkward and quirky in and stirred.

Thanks, man. Really appreciate it.

Suddenly, I heard the doorbell ring and small children downstairs. I turned off my television and dashed across the hall to glance in the mirror one last time before heading down the stairs.

I grinned as soon as I saw him. He returned the gesture. The rest of the people must have already migrated into the kitchen because he seemed to be the last one moving through the front room. I rushed over to him and he engulfed me in a hug that I would have let last forever.

He let me go too soon and I stepped back, making sure we only looked friendly. Both of our families were around. “Hi.” I squeaked, still smiling.

“Hey, babe. You look stunning,” his cheeks were rosy and his hair looked fluffy. “Do you want to go meet my family?”

“Absolutely!”

Upon entering the kitchen, I was met with three new faces, as well as two familiar ones, smiling over at me and Ashton as we walked through the doorway. They all quieted when they saw us. I looked up at Ashton and we both started quietly laughing.

I guess awkward situations were his specialty too.

I was first introduced to his little brother Harry. He was an absolute sweetheart. You could tell how much of a bond he and Ash had and it was slightly adorable. It sort of reminded me of Oliver and me.

Then, I met Lauren, who was a cutie too. Man, the Irwins did a really good job raising their children.

I noticed that she and Harry resembled each other pretty closely, but neither of them looked very much like Ashton.

Oh, the questions.

Lastly, I met AnnMarie. She seemed like a really wonderful woman. She had a thick accent and blue eyes that could pass as the sea itself. There was something genuinely nice about her.

I did notice that they didn't have a father figure around though. Not even a husband or boyfriend.

After officially meeting the entirety of the Irwin bunch, we all settled around the dinner table with a salad buffet spread across the middle. I sat with Ashton to my right and Allison to my left. All of the doors were opened and it smelled like barbeques and the ocean. Music was coming from somewhere outside.

I think this is going to be a good night.

---are you ready forr the next chapter, because i knOW IM NOT//        ry xX