The Boy Who Lived Next Door

Ride- Twenty One Pilots

I woke up to a warm Saturday morning on the balcony. My eyes took a minute to adjust to the early light. The clock visible from inside read 7:34. It was still fairly early.

I looked to my left and was met with the sleeping face of the boy who lived next door. His cheeks were free of the dimples they usually fashioned.

He looked peaceful, young. Handsome.

Then I remembered that it was Saturday morning.

Ashton's grip tightened when I sat up and he pulled me in closer. He looked over at me, smiling, lighting his cheeks up with the dimples again.

"Good morning." he sighed.

"Good morning. It's 7:40."

His face was drained of almost all its color as he sprang up and brought me with him. He held both my hands and kissed my cheek.

"I'm so sorry I have to leave you. I'll see you tonight." He jumped back across and into his bedroom window.

I turned off the lantern on the balcony and went into the bedroom. I turned the music down a few notches and changed into a dark blue short-sleeve and white shorts. I piled my hair in a messy bun atop my head and neglected to put any makeup on besides a single layer of mascara.

I was met with the smell of coffee when I entered the kitchen. I wondered if either of them knew about last night. Its not like anything happened, but still.

"Good morning, Wren." Jared said looking away from his computer for a moment to greet me. "I made you a cup in case you wanted some."

"Thank you," I sat down on one of the bar stools that stood at the island in the kitchen, taking a sip of the freshly brewed coffee.

Allison and Jared were both sitting at the table in the adjoined dining room.

"How late were you up last night, Wrenny? You look kinda tired," asked Allison who wore a robe and a pair of small glasses.

"Not too late after I came home. Sorry I left my music on."

"You're fine, I just want to make sure you're properly rested." She said smiling at me over her mug.

I just nodded and focused on drinking the hot liquid in my cup. I had so many questions about the dinner tonight. I was getting antsy.

"So what time is the dinner tonight?"

"They should be over around five thirty. Oh, and I was thinking maybe you and I could go shopping this afternoon?" Allison asked.

"Sure, what for?" I could really use some new summer clothes. I didn't have much selection. I think I still have some of the money from Mum and my birthday.

"Well, I was thinking we could maybe go to some of the department stores and choose some cute clothes for tonight? Or any other day too."

"Sounds great! Come get me when you're ready." I said as I was putting my now empty cup into the cramped dishwasher. I ran up the stairs and closed the door behind me.

---i thought this one was sorta sweet :) and if you listen to the song closely, it like totally matches the beginning. QOTD: favorite form of art?

                                                                AOTD: drawing, painting, music

Comment yours!!