Intimidating

Arabella- Arctic Monkeys

I guess nothing was 'scary' about Aria, so much as intimidating. She had electric blue hair, sleeves of tattoos, mulitple face piercings and perfect makeup under adorable glasses. She was really pretty.

She looked up at me when I reached one of the chairs in front of her desk. She'd been punching in numbers to a large computer to the side and had the music turned up on the speakers.

"You must be Wren," she smiled sweetly and stood slightly, shaking my hand a bit as we both sat down.

"Aria?" I asked timidly. Yes, that's her name, you idiot.

"That's me! So Calum said you're interested in a job here?" she spoke so coolly, very chill.

"Yeah, just to keep me busy this summer. I'm an exchange student, but I go back to school here in the Fall."

"Awesome! Well, yeah, I don't see why not. It's pretty straight-forward. You said you used to work at a music store, right?"

"Yeah, back in California."

"You should be fine then." She smiled again and continued. "Do you have any questions about anything?"

"This might sound odd, but how old are you? You look fairly young besides all of your rad tattoos."

No one uses that word, Wren. Especially not rad people.

"Well I started working here a year before Calum. I was a Sophmore too. The old boss just retired this last year, and I loved working here, so I decided after grauation I'd take his postion over."

"Oh. That's cool." Stop being so awko-taco because shes prettier than you.

"So, I'll see you tomorrow then? Nine o'clock?"

"Yep! See you then."

I felt relieved just to be out of that office.

As I was on my way out of the store, a Black Keys album caught my eye and I had Calum ring it up for me before I left.

"See you at nine!" I smiled, grabbing the record and snatching my reciept playfully. I received a small smile in return as I heard his phone buzz on the counter, which I was sure was a violation of the work code or whatever, but oh well.

"Looks like I'll see you at six-thirty, actually," he said clicking his phone shut again; I'd forgotten about the band practice.

"Right! See you at Michael's then."

---this one's sorta short :/ more is coming !!