Neighbors

Electric Love- BORNS

After we'd walked back up the hill, we stopped in the side yard between our houses. I noticed the lights off in my house. Some were still on in his.

"I had a really great time with you, Ashton."

"I did too, Wren. I hope I can see you again soon?" he asked, anxiously running his fingers through his hair in the darkness.

"Absolutely. We do have a whole summer in front of us," I joked. He giggled slightly before taking my hand again and his grin turned into a faint smile. He looked at the ground instead of my eyes.

"I mean it though. I really like you, Wren Matson." He finally looked up at me and I smiled.

"And I you, Ashton Irwin." I gave him a peck on the cheek before walking around to my front door and watching him disappear around the corner to his.

The door was unlocked when I tried it. I slipped inside and closed it carefully, hoping Allison and Jared were both asleep already.

I start to make my way up the stairs but am stopped by a light coming on in the kitchen. I walk back down to see who it is and make sure I won't be in any trouble for staying out.

"There you are," Allison says sleepily when she sees me approach the counter.

"Hi. You aren't upset about me being out so late are you?" I ask timidly. It read 10:17 on the microwave clock.

"Of course not. You weren't bothering anybody. But might I ask who you went out with?"

"Do you know the neighbors? The Irwins? I know their son, Ashton."

She tilted her head ever so slightly to the side with a puzzled look on her face. "What a coincidence. We were having them over tomorrow night for dinner to get you all aquainted."

"Oh," I said feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Ash is a sweetheart, though," she looked up at me and smiled. "If you're to get into mischief with anyone, I'd hope it was him."

She turned away and flipped off the light switch on her way back to the family room where a film was playing. I was left in the dark.

---I'm back! Thanks you guys so much for 70 reads in 3 days! tha's absolutley amazing :) well, goodmorning to all. NEXT CHAPTER IS CRAZY INTENSE LIKE WOAH//        ry xX