Good Time

Fireflies- Owl City

I jumped up from the stool in the kitchen when I heard the doorbell ring. I opened the door to a smiling Ashton, complete with dimples and curly hair. He almost immediately stepped forward and wrapped his arms around me and I swear I almost melted right then and there. Before closing the door, I called goodbye to Jared and Allison. Ashton slipped his hand into mine whilst pulling me towards his car.

He stopped in front of my door and opened it for me, causing my cheeks to flood pink. After returning to his side of the car and climbing in, we started pulling off farther down towards the northern beach.

Green Day was playing at a good level of loud and it was still warm in the salty beach air. Our hands were linked together and rested on the console inbetween the seats.

It was a good time.

It was times like these that made me happy to be alive.

It was about a 20 minute drive to Michael's house. I carried Ashton's drumsticks inside while he took his Cajon.

We didn't knock before opening his door.

I followed Ashton past the living room, pausing to say hello to Karen Clifford, and then down the stairs to a pretty badass basement.

"Hey!" collectively said the three boys lounging on the couch, laughing about something.

"Hi guys!" I said, Ashton setting his drum box near the corner where the guys' guitars had been placed as well.

Michael stopped at a cooler on his way over to greet me, handing me an Arizona tea. He winked and said, "Sorry sweetheart, no alchohol at this party. The only one of age is Ash."

"That's cool, I like tea."

I took a seat on an extra large bean bag facing the sofa. Just as I sat down, all of the guys left their seats to begin the band practice. I shifted the bean bag so I could watch them.

"Our first and only audience member!" Luke joked into the microphone he'd just finished setting up.

"I'm prepared to be impressed!"

---just so everyone's clear: this takes place presently, but the way the guys look is when they are 17 and 18. Luke is 16. okay? okay//         ry xX